Who Has the Biggest.............APTC

....and just had my first one today where subsidy was larger than income!! Household of two, $18,000 income....$19,600 subsidy!

I handed out $25,000 today.............TWICE.
A little lower than the $33,000 I handed out to one family yesterday.
I mention claw back no less than 5 times.

Sir, I'm matching your income or more, do you understand you can't sell that stock, or home, or IRA, or no inheritance.

zip 85382 - ages 62 / 63 alone, then add on any child age
Income at 150% FPL and above.

You'll see the effects of 100% rate increases combined with 1 carrier market.

Or, you can read what I said here:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/health-insurance-rate-hikes-pinch-those-without-subsidies-1478547825

3 great picture maps on this article, AZ is hot red
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/05/upshot/see-obamacare-rates-for-every-county-in-the-country.html

What's the age and zip?

37354, 58-year-old couple (Monroe County). $18000 income. No dependents. $1633 a month in subsidy.

There are two counties in that zip, Monroe and McMinn.

For fun, run how much subsidy they would get if they lived on the McMinn county side of 37354.

And of course people who don't qualify for subsidies would sometimes be paying more than their mortgages, forcing them to look elsewhere... From Nov. 7 Wall Street Journal:

Nikki Albert, a 46-year-old massage therapist in Tempe, Ariz., recently discovered that the cheapest marketplace plan her family could get for next year would cost about $1,300 a month, more than double their current plan, which is discontinued. “I was panicked, in utter disbelief,” said Ms. Albert, who doesn’t get a subsidy and said the new rate would cost more than her mortgage payment.

Now, she is leaning toward a health-sharing ministry, an alternative type of coverage that doesn’t qualify as insurance but would cost less than half the new marketplace plan.

Health-ministry plans tend to have far lower monthly costs than ACA coverage. So do short-term insurance and indemnity plans, which generally pay a set sum of money toward a medical service such as a day in the hospital.

Health-Insurance Rate Hikes Pinch Those Without Subsidies - WSJ

Back