Who Is/is Not Working Leads Today?

indienoise

Guru
100+ Post Club
Long story short, I've got some x dates I could be calling today. I know there's a greater likelihood they'll be off work as well. But, I also know people are traveling or possibly already with family. My approach to sales has always been to err on the side of caution, be courteous, firm but never pushy. I like the rapport I've developed with customers as a result. Given this, would you be calling today, or leave them for another time?

I like to ask myself, "What can I do right now to move my business forward?"

If you feel it is not the right time to call, why not drop a few handwritten notes in the mail to these people, referral sources, or even a few clients?

Perhaps, you have other things you could do that moves your business forward, but sending out a few hand written notes seems like a good place to start. However, be strategic about who you send the notes to.

Personally, I am only calling a couple of people who are expecting my call today, completing CE coursework, and reading new underwriting guidelines from a couple of my carriers.

secondcreek's notes idea has worked a little magic in my office...so much that i now have everyone drop a handwritten note in the mail every time they have a positive client interaction...referrals and new biz has never been at a higher level

secondcreek's notes idea has worked a little magic in my office...so much that i now have everyone drop a handwritten note in the mail every time they have a positive client interaction...referrals and new biz has never been at a higher level

Thanks for that. I'm really pushing for referrals to become my main source of new business. I've started doing a little bit of mailing notes to clients the past few weeks, I guess I just need to keep it up.

Long story short, I've got some x dates I could be calling today. I know there's a greater likelihood they'll be off work as well. But, I also know people are traveling or possibly already with family. My approach to sales has always been to err on the side of caution, be courteous, firm but never pushy. I like the rapport I've developed with customers as a result. Given this, would you be calling today, or leave them for another time?

YES!!! While your competition takes a day off. It's your time to take advantage. Business owners work everyday, even on holidays. So there is a excellent chance they are going to be working the day before thanksgiving. I worked on the 26th and it was very productive. Good Luck!!

Back