Who is the Best? Insurance Noodle, Others

ocinsurance, which wholesalers have you used....and who has been the best to work with?

you do get two of the policies and then you can send it to your client on your company letterhead. its better to start from somewhere and build your book. your client knows you as the agent.:)

Best Regards

Winn

Combined Group is another company that offers a really good solution. No cost for agents to use their online system. They are in most states and are located at combinedgroup dot com.

You also want to check out Security Insurance based out of Arizona. I am with them currently and they have alot more to offer than Noodle, access, SIAA, etc

go to secins dot com

True but being a business owner isn't supposed to be easy? what I have found is that if you have a solid business plan, some capital to back it up, E&O coverage, and you pester the carriers to give you a chance, most of them will. Thats exactly what I did, some companies denied me but I continued to call them, take thier surveys and became a nuisance until they gave me a chance. At the same time I dont have 20 diferent carriers, I had 7 carriers to begin with but dropped 3 of them and kept the 4 that make me competetive and give me name recognition. I keep them happy with steady business and I'm happy knowing that I'm really an Independant Agency. These wholesalers like SmartChoice etc are like captive agencies that can write for multiple carriers, you still have restrictions, you own your book as long as your with them but when you decide to leave them they have many restrictions, if you want to sell your book of business it must be with an approved buyer. Im not saying that all these things are bad, im just saying that they are not in your control and having a captive roots myself I never want to relive those days.

I enjoy reading your responses, P&CGuru. Thanks for bringing your real world experience to the table. In my research of these wholesalers, though, I am seeing that they can offer me more in commission (even with paying a split to them), than I can get with my own appointments. What are your thoughts on this?

Exactly which administrative services does Insurance Noodle (or others) provide? Trying to set up a shop and would like to concentrate on selling instead of doing admin stuff (at least initially).

I'm looking to start my own agency, any one know which broker would be good for the hotel/motel and convenience store store market in the NC and Sc area?

Back