Whole Life vs. Index Universal Life

Now we are talking. Things are getting interesting.

Using an early cash value rider and proper funding of the right IUL contracts can do great things. This does not make it a 'retirement miracle'. It only make sense for people who get it and have the discretionary income to afford it.

Patrick Kelley is a genius, not because he is smarter than any one here...but in terms of marketing. He is killing it.

Think about it. If I had 10 books to hand out to prospects, 5 actually read it, and 3 get it....All I had to do was pay for the books and find prospective readers. The 3 that got it will be interested in IUL. And will more than likely buy from me.

I have not done it so I can't provide stats, but that is his gig. And he has other agents sign up with his marketing organization.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rising Caps are just a marketing scheme. Higher caps mean higher expenses by the insurance carrier.

Every carrier is fighting for the same bonds and buying options from the same investment banks. Options trading has been around longer than IUL and are efficient. Over time higher caps will converge with lower caps to an equilibrium.

Last edited:
Patrick Kelley is a genius, not because he is smarter than any one here...but in terms of marketing. He is killing it.

Think about it. If I had 10 books to hand out to prospects, 5 actually read it, and 3 get it....All I had to do was pay for the books and find prospective readers. The 3 that got it will be interested in IUL. And will more than likely buy from me.

I have not done it so I can't provide stats, but that is his gig. And he has other agents sign up with his marketing organization.

Never read the book. From what I have heard it is very light on how the product actually works. But most book like that are.

Does he just stick with the product or does he tie in debt/mortgage/etc. and all that bs..?

Nelson Nash wrote the first book on the power of CV Life Insurance, called Infinite Banking.
He concentrated on the power of the product.

He actually spoke to a small group of us once at an old office I worked at. He was an interesting character.

I have known people that did the "give out a book to 10 prospects to read" thing. The author made a lot more from it than most of the agents did.
Rising Caps are just a marketing scheme. Higher caps mean higher expenses by the insurance carrier.

Every carrier is fighting for the same bonds and buying options from the same investment banks. Options trading has been around longer than IUL and are efficient. Over time higher caps will converge with lower caps to an equilibrium.

Not totally true. There have been instances of carriers raising caps and lowering expenses at the same time.

Last edited:
Never read the book. From what I have heard it is very light on how the product actually works. But most book like that are.

Does he just stick with the product or does he tie in debt/mortgage/etc. and all that bs..?

Nelson Nash wrote the first book on the power of CV Life Insurance, called Infinite Banking.
He concentrated on the power of the product.

He actually spoke to a small group of us once at an old office I worked at. He was an interesting character.

I have known people that did the "give out a book to 10 prospects to read" thing. The author made a lot more from it than most of the agents did.

Not totally true. There have been instances of carriers raising caps and lowering expenses at the same time.

Sell the picks and shovels. Do not make them or use them.

Back