Why a Cluster or Aggregator? What Other Options Are There

sign the confidentiality agreement and read his ^ cluster's arrangement. :goofy:

This tread was created with the intention of pointing out other options one might have other than Clusters or Groups. There are many other great options to consider.

If one is willing to take Bama's advice: I am more than willing to discuss Clusters objectively, including the one I work for. Feel free to contact me. I am not a recruiter and I very much like to have conversations about the industry, options we have when going IA, products, carriers, and Insurance in general.

there are two reasons one would have to sign a confidentiality agreement in order to see how a cluster functions:
1. the carrier does not like the richness of the agreement for a newly appointed agent
or
2. the cluster does not want you pointing out the negatives to other potential clients

be wise

Great advice Bama, "Be wise"

I'll add to it. Slow down. Have a lawyer look at the contract. Consider multiple groups. Call 20-30 random agents that belong to the groups you are considering to get a good feel on the qualitative things that can't be defined in the contract. Slow down.

I just think it sucks that you're on here always trying to pitch your program. It's one thing to offer a solution to a problem it's quite another to start a thread with the intention of selling your product.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

someone coming on here and helping is awesome regardless of their intent. a spammer coming on here and being condescending to independent agents when he has never actually ran a profitable agency is ridiculous. captive companies brainwash their management to spout the same stuff. a lot of those management types end up wanting to be an independent agent after their glorious company pulls the rug out from under them. there is no need to read the company's contract. we already know by their representative's philosophy and attitude that they have no respect for their agents and will be telling them how to run their business from day one. they allow a representative to get on here and say that he has no intention of getting business on this free forum without paying for advertisement. (no one stays on this forum all day unless they are trying to research something or sell something and you can always tell the difference by the ones with their company name and phone number as their sig tag). little thing called integrity is missing there. those are the type of things that you can't read in a contract.
fees, commission splits, and even a split in growth is all understandable and worth joining a cluster. signing a contract with a company that has this general attitude problem is foolish.

I love my cluster....

I have had reps tell me they wont add a new agency UNLESS they are part of a cluster....

I referred an agent to my cluster they chose a different one, and they call me all the time, can you do this, can you do this, I say yes every time, then i say try this place or etc, they say, we dont get this or that etc, i say you joined the wrong cluster, its NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY!

Who is your cluster and how much does it cost? Do you own your own book? Can you get out anytime you want to? How much commission are you getting? 80/20 split or are you getting more or less?

I am asking because I want to make a decision on who to go with.

Back