Why Do All Agents Seem Suprised?

I had a phone conversation with Leadmonster earlier this AM. Seems they telemarket life, major med & final expense leads.

They seem like nice people who want to earn your business.

Have not decided if I will give them a shot or not, but I am considering it.

The Executive Lead Source

I can agree with your perspective of lead companies. They do not hold themselves accountable to quality. They are in the "lead selling" business. They are not in the "Insurance Selling" business. What our company has done after have tremendous struggles with TSL, Your Advantage Leads, & other lead companies, we decided to take the whole situation into our own hands. We went out & hired the best lead quality control manager & trained them on how to give our agents quality leads. The manager then trained the telemarketers we hired how to talk to prospects, ask the correct questions including "Do you have a current bank account?". We then went & made sure that our database was able to handle all the requests for the U.S. & Canada for the different products that our agents offer to the qualified leads.
One of the many things I have heard my whole career as an agent was that to get the quality of lead that agent could sell, would do one of two things, diminish the lead quantity & drive up the cost of the lead since more work was being done to sort the buyers from the non-buyers. What we have found is that is just not true.
We can generate a high quality lead & get them to our agents within minutes. Now our agents have two options with the prospect, which either one results in a sale. Since we have been generating leads we have noticed a 56% closing ratio of the leads that are sent to the agent.
What about the other 44%? They either have them scheduled out more than 3 days or they for whatever reason have difficulty reaching the prospect. We have since created a system to cure that & we are watching those numbers change. It is still too early to tell.
Our agents are making money on a daily basis now. The conservative annual premium in just our Final Expense is $500 or $60 per month. Seeing how most of our agents are on a 100% contract they get paid that directly from the carriers. We have tracked that when an agent gets a quality lead their gross commission income goes up over 80%. The numbers tell us that when an agent gets on the auto-ship program with 40 leads per month we see consistent new monthly premiums from those agents at $15,000 - $36,000 per agent who follows the sales system.
So when it comes to leads within the industry, I totally agree with all the agents who are using leads in that something needed to change. We are changing it all because of you.
;)

I don't understand that gibberish either. If you are a professional then you need to write like a professional.

Dear "theinsuranceman":

You seem to be a little testy over my question to you. Not sure why unless you are trying to hide something, like finding a way around the rules of this site. But, I'm new here so there may be a legimate way to offer services without 100 posts, without skirting the rules, that I know nothing about.

For what it is worth here is the context of your previous post. You wrote the following::

"You don't need 100 posts. Just call me 252-292-3350
anytime...Greg. "

I responded: "How about letting all of us [know] how to do it?

Pretty clear, I thought even with the missing word.

Thanks

Dave

PS. By the way here is the rule:

1. You must have at least 100 posts on the forum in order to make an offer. If you do not have 100 posts, you can either contribute more frequently, and try later, or you can inquire about paid advertising.

I had a phone conversation with Leadmonster earlier this AM. Seems they telemarket life, major med & final expense leads.

They seem like nice people who want to earn your business.

Have not decided if I will give them a shot or not, but I am considering it.

The Executive Lead Source

I know i am brand spanking new to the forum, but I am not new to The executive lead source. Our agency was done over big time by their company back a few months ago.:no: Stay clear away from them. Double charged, did not return one lead we submitted for reimbursement, and fell short of holding up there end of the deal. Real short... and their sister company firstchoice-leads.com folded up and the owner stopped taking calls, and his website just magically disappeared.

Last edited:
This sounds suspiciously like a fellow named Don Burgher. If it is you Don your second order was credited back and you did receive your entire first order. You might have had some success if you did not have a newbie trying to sell for you and actually tried to write some yourself. By the way I do have emails from the fellow he had trying to write for him praising my leads! I have 100 agents who will give me a good review and have enjoyed my services. We cannot please everyone and that is why we dont require contracts from the agents because if our leads are not what you wanted, then you don't have to reorder.

Well this sounds suspiciously like shelly spencer. As long as were being honest here, why not tell everyone about how Joseph Tate the person who sold us and promised the leads who was contacting our agency on a daily basis (3-5times a day) just disappeared one day? And how his phone was disconnected, and website (firstchoice leads) all disappeared from off the internet?

And how about we talk about when Joseph disappeared for a few weeks without sending leads, how you from a different website and company name tried to step in to save him. Telling us and I quote "oh he lost his cell phone". Excuse me, but you do not just drop off the face of the earth because you lost a cell phone. I am pretty sure email still works, and he could have picked up a phone and called. We stopped receiving leads, and communication because "he lost his cell phone". When at one point he was emailing us extremely regularly.

And if you want to continue pushing facts I will gladly post some of the leads and how we were receiving 1-2 a day, and then your partner went out of business or was abducted and not till after a dispute was filed with the credit card company did you step in (amazing how that happens) and fulfill an extremely large percent of that order within 10-15minutes time if my memory serves right. No better then right out of the phone book. Those calls by the way for everyone's information of the few that actually answered, were mainly comprised of individuals who said they never even agreed to being called or looking for insurance.

If you want to continue this I can post some more information and say a few more things. The only good thing I will say, is that they were both pleasant on the phone.

That is a great idea! A place or directory of lead websites with feedback. Is there something like that out there?

Wouldn't it be great if more businesses had feedback rating like ebay.

A place or directory of lead websites with feedback. Is there something like that out there?

No, but Chumps is working on such a site.

Back