Why Do Insurance Agents Ask if You Are Currently Insured?

Not sure about other insurance companies...but I'm with a mid sized national P&C direct writer, and we use your prior insurance to help with the rate we give you. No prior insurance, higher rate. Even the prior liability limits make a difference, if you had higher liability limits then you get a better rate.

You can't lie...we do verify prior insurance on the clue report, if its not on their we require you to send it in with your application otherwise you'll get charged the additional rate as if you had no prior insurance.

Jneav and Ryansterlin are the only ones who have a clue. No pun intended.

If you have no insurance you are considered irresponsible and will get a higher rate. :laugh:.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Clue reports do show claims. Talk to someone who writes auto insurance.

Gulliver

Last edited:
Its all about risk management. If you don't have previous insurance, your a higher risk to insure so more premium will be charged. But if you have previous insurance, you should receive a 10 to 15 percent discount for this.

I guess, if you have no insurance you get a higher rate quote.

Need help on Auto Insurance? Are there many questions on your Car Insurance?
TopInsuranceCar.com - Frequently Asked Questions and answers on Auto Insurance for everybody.

Last edited:
Mileena, weren't you the poster that said State Farm sued you for being uninsured and they won? Are you our resident goof ball??? Pricing on auto insurance has become very complex, its called "Predictive Modeling" and insurance companies are trying to figure out who to give excellent rates to and who to charge alot to, you know the Darwin Award group. I believe you are a previous winner, aren't you? Your exactly the type of driver insurance companies don't want to insure without a "high" surcharge. Go sit back down in your bean bag chair and smoke a bowl.

My blood pressure has really come under control since I have the system ignore certain posters like mileena...I recommend you all try out the function...I used to get so upset reading their rants about insurance while they drive without a license, uninsured and its okay because they haven't been caught or some other excuse....Do your heart a favor and ignore some of these idiots.

Back