Why is It Getting Harder to Find Good Agents?

I thought a lot about this as I recently left Aflac after 4 years to be a broker, but before I left, that market got really tough to work. I mean to the point where I was setting 6- 8 appts weekly regularly and got down to only 2 weekly. Also, I was a manager and had to build a team, but couldn't keep a reliable team for longer than 6 months at a time as they felt they couldn't deal with the conditions of prospecting. I deduced it to a mix of technology becoming more competitive with agents, uncertainty over the direction of healthcare in America and a tough economy making it to where the days of agents going in to a business, showing a couple of brochures and getting the group are over. Now, agents have to really possess the art of selling. Not a lot of people are cut out to do that, at all. The ones that will stay in the business and make anywhere from a decent living to a LOT of money are the ones with the true grit it takes to do what we do. Just my analysis, though.

"I'd rather of 1% of a 100 than 100% of one".

Some of us are entrepreneurs. I came into it to make a living and I ended up making a lot because I could recruit and teach.

Hey Rabbi,
I Love that quote by Jean Paul Getty:"I would rather earn 1% off a 100 people's efforts than 100% of my own efforts."

Being a Teacher or better yet a Coach, is definitely the way to go. Good for you. I love teaching/coaching myself. It is very rewarding.

Back