Why New Agents Fail?

This is all that I've gathered so far on this forum. Extremely useful stuff! Made in Evernote. Could probably use some condensing, but I hope it helps.

• Why do so many new agents fail?
    • NO PROSPECTING = NO LEADS
    • Agents don't find any necessity or value in the product they sell
    • Market effected by "aggressive insurance agent" stigma
    • Can't make money fast enough to survive the learning curve
      • no money to invest back into their business
    • Insurance takes a certain personality type that most agents don't have
      • Positive
      • Energetic
      • Optimistic
      • Intelligent
      • Goal Oriented
    • Lack of structure and abundance of freedoms
    • Poor business decisions
    • Lack of commitment
    • Miss guided "pie int th sky" beliefs with horrible let downs
    • Selling an intangible product with tangible product selling techniques
    • No plan of attack

• What could new agents do differently?
    • Understand that the insurance company won't teach you how to survive, it's up to you.
    • Prospecting is a "necessary evil".
      • It's hard to make a sale when there's no one to talk to.
    • Join a community and collaborate
    • Train and refine your skill
      • Personality
      • Knowledge
      • Wisdom
    • Don't sell, educate.

• How can new agents set themselves up to make money later on?
    • L(T+E)=$
      • Effort
      • Time
      • Money
      • Luck

Awwwwwwww, get a room!:laugh:

DHK is a good poster. He's been a little cranky of late, but that's still mild compared to most.;)

Lol. I suppose it depends on the type of posting/poster. If someone just needs some direction, I enjoy that. I like pointing people to the right (and in my not-so-humble opinion) the BEST resources I've found.

Some people want me to TRAIN them via posting so that THEY don't have to do any studying, research, or thinking on their part. I don't train people. Correction: I won't enable laziness and call it a path to success.

That's what uplines are (should be) for, as well as other industry trainers. When a poster requests too much information and their other posts are too scatterbrained... I'll limit what help I offer. After all, there is a search function and someone can look up all my past postings and get a general sense of what I'd recommend.

There are no shortcuts to this business. If you can find a solid sales path to follow and get good support/mentorship, you're well on your way. Most of us don't get that, so that's why I point people in the direction of great and inexpensive resources.

But I'm not a trainer and I won't enable laziness.

Lol. I suppose it depends on the type of posting/poster. If someone just needs some direction, I enjoy that. I like pointing people to the right (and in my not-so-humble opinion) the BEST resources I've found.

Some people want me to TRAIN them via posting so that THEY don't have to do any studying, research, or thinking on their part. I don't train people. Correction: I won't enable laziness and call it a path to success.

That's what uplines are (should be) for, as well as other industry trainers. When a poster requests too much information and their other posts are too scatterbrained... I'll limit what help I offer. After all, there is a search function and someone can look up all my past postings and get a general sense of what I'd recommend.

There are no shortcuts to this business. If you can find a solid sales path to follow and get good support/mentorship, you're well on your way. Most of us don't get that, so that's why I point people in the direction of great and inexpensive resources.

But I'm not a trainer and I won't enable laziness.

Yep, a lot of people are just too lazy to do any research. I think you learn a lot quicker if you try to do the research yourself...before you come on here asking questions.

Well, sometimes hearing the proper focused search term is helpful.

(Sort of a help and a warning in the same post! :yes: )

Yep, a lot of people are just too lazy to do any research. I think you learn a lot quicker if you try to do the research yourself...before you come on here asking questions.

I have a couple questions:

What are your thoughts about Lincoln Heritage?
FEX or 360, who do you recommend?
What color shirt should I wear?
Do I call or door knock my FE leads?
What type of pen do you recommend?
Are avatar leads legal?
Should I do the wave at every house?

Thank you in advance.....

Are avatar leads legal?

The "wave" is mandatory for success . . .

Are avatar leads legal?

What are your thoughts about Lincoln Heritage?...I hear they're the #1 FE company(according to them). :skeptical:

FEX or 360, who do you recommend?...Neither one. I hear that YIG's the place to be. Great leads! :yes:

What color shirt should I wear?...Blue if you're straight, Pink if you're not(not that there's anything wrong with that). I wear blue. :biggrin:

Do I call or door knock my FE leads?...Door knock. If they don't answer the front door, knock on the back door. If they don't answer the back door, try the front again and call them on the phone while knocking. :)

What type of pen do you recommend?...I like the Zebra black fine point, but I get tired of people hanging onto them after signing the app. Those suckers cost $2 each at Walmart. :mad:

Are avatar leads legal?...I think they are, but there's some "guy" always running his mouth on here saying that they aren't. I never put any stock in anything he says, so I'd go with "YES". :SLEEP:

Should I do the wave at every house?...You should definitely do "The Wave" at every house. I recommend doing it when you're walking up to the house and when going back to your car(walking backwards so you can see them peeking out of the curtains). The more you practice "The Wave", the better you'll get and the more productive you'll be. Plus it looks really cool! :cool:

Hope that answers your questions Mr. Pruitt, and you're very welcome. :twitchy:

Do I call or door knock my FE leads?...Door knock. If they don't answer the front door, knock on the back door. If they don't answer the back door, try the front again and call them on the phone while knocking. :)

What type of pen do you recommend?...I like the Zebra black fine point, but I get tired of people hanging onto them after signing the app. Those suckers cost $2 each at Walmart. :mad:

Incomplete and incorrect advice.

Re door knock, while going around to the back door you should always check the garage, flower beds and vegatable garden.

Re pen: The best pen would be one that says: See Fred for cheep burial insurance. 1-888-***-&&&&

Incomplete and incorrect advice.

Re door knock, while going around to the back door you should always check the garage, flower beds and vegatable garden.

Re pen: The best pen would be one that says: See Fred for cheep burial insurance. 1-888-***-&&&&

Sorry about the incomplete answer LD, I was trying to keep the answers short and sweet.:laugh:

Back