Why New Agents Fail?

I've NEVER advocated starting from scratch, unless you have 3 things in place. A budget (with the cash flow already in place), a solid lead source and a follow-up plan. Agents who come in broke, without a way to make the mortgage payment, are gone in 6 months.

Personally...I had a $2K guarantee for 24 months, if I sold 6 life policies per month (and I kept the life commission on top of the $2K). And training every week. And 25+ Financial Advisors feeding me health leads.

(And the college thing? The Princess graduated last spring, on a tennis scholarship, I paid $0. The son? Well. I've been saving a lot so he can be an Aggie! I'll be on the golf course!)

Somarco's business model seems like one of the least complicated ones I have seen discussed. However I would be approaching it without 18 years of knowledge and experience, and so far have not gotten beyond whining about how hard it would be.

After reading posts, I'm not sure that looking up drug plans is any bed of roses either, but I'm beginning to think my original "give back" plan of looking into volunteering at the ship (shick in KS) office is the best deal for me. I could get "free leads" to steal high paying insurance business from agents. Who knows, I might even get referrals. You need a PDP? You have HOW MANY meds? You need to see LostDollar over at the extension office. He's in on Tues and Thurs afternoons and they don't charge you anything. :D Free leads and referrals. What more could I ask for (except an income)? (I suppose if I went ahead and got an insurance license and contracted with a couple of companies, I could cross sell by letting them walk off "on accident" with a free pen that said: LostDollar, burial insurance, phone number. :jimlad:)

Hahaaaa, but a straight one...remember, I wear blue.:twitchy:

Amazing how you knew the right color...

I would post a link to the hanky code, but even a Wikipedia article would not be safe for work.

It is amazing how times have changed. 20 years ago, that was the biggest insult around. Now, who cares. I am almost certain the principal at my son's school is gay. A friend has seen him and his "friend" numerous times. I think he just doesn't want to come out because he fears it may be a distraction for the students. I could not imagine a man who cares more about the children he has been entrusted with. He is one of the people I would trust my son with no questions asked.

Amazing how you knew the right color...

I would post a link to the hanky code, but even a Wikipedia article would not be safe for work.

It is amazing how times have changed. 20 years ago, that was the biggest insult around. Now, who cares. I am almost certain the principal at my son's school is gay. A friend has seen him and his "friend" numerous times. I think he just doesn't want to come out because he fears it may be a distraction for the students. I could not imagine a man who cares more about the children he has been entrusted with. He is one of the people I would trust my son with no questions asked.

I was referring to my earlier post, where I was posed some questions...shirt color was one of them.

There's a big difference between gay and a pedophile(there's definitely something wrong with that :mad:).

I was referring to my earlier post, where I was posed some questions...shirt color was one of them.

There's a big difference between gay and a pedophile(there's definitely something wrong with that :mad:).

I know it was, just giving you grief over it. And then also a bit amazed at how attitudes have changed.

I know it was, just giving you grief over it. And then also a bit amazed at how attitudes have changed.

I know you were from the "back door knocking" comment. Yes attitudes have changed, but still not my cup of tea. Not that there's anything wrong with my cup of tea.;)

Back