Why would an employer not offer

Business owners are burnt out with people walking in their door and "selling stuff". Unfortunately, some people in our profession have underwealmed them. We need to build credibility to our profession by providing value. Many agents have walk in with a brochure in hand and barfed all over them. Unfortunately, some leading companies in our profession teach new agents the least professional way to approach potential buyers. If we don't change our approach, we will never establish value.

I agree with this statement. The problem now is how can this issue be fixed or is it to late for that. Or could it be everyone seems to be in the insurance industry.

What types of value can we bring?

There are some unique programs out there that add value for the employer.

Maybe just ask some employers what type of program would they like to see??

Also, be sure to do a fact finder before you present. It's a good way to uncover concerns from the business owner. Be unique, try to solve an issue they may have.

I offer legal and identity theft as a voluntary benefit. Most employers are glad I brought it up. Probably because this is something the employees can benefit from. Or maybe because there isn't much competition or that we are the best.

I offer legal and identity theft as a voluntary benefit. Most employers are glad I brought it up. Probably because this is something the employees can benefit from. Or maybe because there isn't much competition or that we are the best.

Commenting on a 5 year old thread, that was commented on 4 months ago?!? Sounds like a Legal Shield pitch man if ever I heard one:laugh:! Hey are you having a lunch that I can come and attend to listen to your pitch and how you guys make tons of money?:nah:

As to the old thread...if anyone still cares. In my preschool (mostly my wife now), we probably get 3-6 people walking in a week with the same pitch. We bought a business that has had AFLAC, I've never been a fan of the product, so we decided to bring in another company to do the voluntary benefits (much cheaper). They promised, as all do, it will be easy and no trouble for you guys at all. Fast forward 2 months and my wife has probably invested 40 hours of emails, calls and the like handling the cluster that was caused because the new company didn't read the AFLAC contract correctly.

To make a blanket statement that business owners don't care about there employees as some did on this thread is ridiculous...but I think most on this board would agree. It is ALL about the pitch! Make it about the owner, not about you or what you can do...make it about what benefit it is to the owner!

Commenting on a 5 year old thread, that was commented on 4 months ago?!? Sounds like a Legal Shield pitch man if ever I heard one:laugh:! Hey are you having a lunch that I can come and attend to listen to your pitch and how you guys make tons of money?:nah:

As to the old thread...if anyone still cares. In my preschool (mostly my wife now), we probably get 3-6 people walking in a week with the same pitch. We bought a business that has had AFLAC, I've never been a fan of the product, so we decided to bring in another company to do the voluntary benefits (much cheaper). They promised, as all do, it will be easy and no trouble for you guys at all. Fast forward 2 months and my wife has probably invested 40 hours of emails, calls and the like handling the cluster that was caused because the new company didn't read the AFLAC contract correctly.

To make a blanket statement that business owners don't care about there employees as some did on this thread is ridiculous...but I think most on this board would agree. It is ALL about the pitch! Make it about the owner, not about you or what you can do...make it about what benefit it is to the owner!

A lot of employers no longer want to offer payroll deduction plans because they have had plans where the "minimal" administrative work has turned into expensive nightmares for them. An answer for those employers often is an individual bank draft voluntary benefit plan. The employees still have access to the plans and rates normally offered on payroll deduction but they pay the premium through their personal checking account. The agent benefits because they still have access to the employees. The employer benefits because he gets credit for offering employee benefits to his employees but has no administrative headache or cost.

A lot of employers no longer want to offer payroll deduction plans because they have had plans where the "minimal" administrative work has turned into expensive nightmares for them. An answer for those employers often is an individual bank draft voluntary benefit plan. The employees still have access to the plans and rates normally offered on payroll deduction but they pay the premium through their personal checking account. The agent benefits because they still have access to the employees. The employer benefits because he gets credit for offering employee benefits to his employees but has no administrative headache or cost.

Exactly! Not to mention the AFLAC person who set it up years ago, did half the employees pre-tax and the other half post! NIGHTMARE! Oh well, you live and learn.

As I'm focusing on the Senior Market, I won't be doing a lot of Group Benefits...but probably will steal an idea from my Liberty Mutual days and offer some group life to the businesses that I already have good connections with...1 a week, should be able to fill up a couple of years!

The last couple of posts scream a need for agents who are in the to serve their clients.

AFLEC (and others) often send an ARMY of no-nothing agents out to make 1000's of cold calls a day, find a stressed biz owner looking for answers, make promises they can't keep, and leaving the market before the effective date. Of course this will turn into a nightmare.

Am I the only one who sees this as opportunity. This as the prime reason we need good agents working hard for the right reasons. I've only been at this stuff a year, however I have taken it slow.

No 1000's of cold calls instead I've spent my time learning. What to do for my clients and how to solve real problems and which companies (I think) will take the best care of them.

Does anyone else think opportunity here? My business partners and myself approach benefits from an HR first standpoint. Compliance, safety, employee engagement and retention, all that good stuff.

I'm still new but My aim is to solve all of these BS problems that 90% of Agents create.

Commenting on a 5 year old thread, that was commented on 4 months ago?!? Sounds like a Legal Shield pitch man if ever I heard one:laugh:! Hey are you having a lunch that I can come and attend to listen to your pitch and how you guys make tons of money?:nah: As to the old thread...if anyone still cares. In my preschool (mostly my wife now), we probably get 3-6 people walking in a week with the same pitch. We bought a business that has had AFLAC, I've never been a fan of the product, so we decided to bring in another company to do the voluntary benefits (much cheaper). They promised, as all do, it will be easy and no trouble for you guys at all. Fast forward 2 months and my wife has probably invested 40 hours of emails, calls and the like handling the cluster that was caused because the new company didn't read the AFLAC contract correctly. To make a blanket statement that business owners don't care about there employees as some did on this thread is ridiculous...but I think most on this board would agree. It is ALL about the pitch! Make it about the owner, not about you or what you can do...make it about what benefit it is to the owner!

Who's the new company?

Back