Why You Should Never Give Up on Your Prospects

Great post. Having a systematic way of following up with prospects is crucial Typically most insurance agents concentrate on NOW buyers only. The problem is, those who are ready to buy NOW only account for a small percentage of all prospects. While insurance agents need to concentrate on NOW buyers so they can put money in their pocket today they also need to set up a system to drip market to all those other prospects throughout the year.

I draw a fine line between being persistent and being a pest. Sometimes people buy from me just so I will leave them alone. Most forget about it a year later, and I hopefully have a life-long client.

I had a guy with a rather large 401k (old one) that I talked to last year. Wrote the app and rolled it today into ING annuity. It was all started with the thread "what would you do with a 100k" in the annuity section. Talked to him once a few months back and called recently to offer him some tax advice and options and got the appointment. It was a good day!

Back