Wordfence

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Does anyone use Wordfence to protect their site(s)?

I used it years ago but had to drop it. The hosting company banned it. Said it slowed down their servers or something like that.

They recently changed their mind so I installed it again.

Among other things, the plugin has the ability to block specific IP addresses (known spammers) as well as country blocks.

My site get's a number of bots from Germany, Russian Federation, China and more recently Latvia.

The site was hacked a few years ago by Russians. Got it cleaned up and moved to a different ISP. No problems since.

Wordfence is, in my opinion, well worth the price.

This is not a paid endorsement or solicitation.

I used it years ago but had to drop it. The hosting company banned it. Said it slowed down their servers or something like that.

Among other things, the plugin has the ability to block specific IP addresses (known spammers) as well as country blocks.

My site get's a number of bots from Germany, Russian Federation, China and more recently Latvia.

The site was hacked a few years ago by Russians. Got it cleaned up and moved to a different ISP. No problems since.

Sooooo, how long have you worked for Wordfence and what do you do there? :err::skeptical:

Can I use Wordfence to block the stupid people on this site? Lol.

I'm just kidding. If I did that there would only be like 7 people left, and that's not much of a forum.

Do you use WP Engine?

They can block all non-US IP addresses for free. I have done that for my sites because of spam leads as well. You can do it on chat and it takes about 3 minutes.

Do you use WP Engine?

They can block all non-US IP addresses for free. I have done that for my sites because of spam leads as well. You can do it on chat and it takes about 3 minutes.

I do use WPE.

Before installing Wordfence I asked about blocking IP's outside the US. They told me they did not have a way to do that.

Today's partial report . . .

Wordfence Web Application Firewall has blocked 121 attacks over the last 10 minutes. Below is a sample of these recent attacks:

June 5, 2020 12:41am 40.76.98.213 (United States) Blocked because the IP is blacklisted
June 5, 2020 12:41am 40.76.98.213 (United States) Blocked because the IP is blacklisted
June 5, 2020 12:40am 40.76.98.213 (United States) Blocked because the IP is blacklisted
June 5, 2020 12:40am 40.76.98.213 (United States) Blocked because the IP is blacklisted

Today's partial report . . .

Wordfence Web Application Firewall has blocked 121 attacks over the last 10 minutes. Below is a sample of these recent attacks:

Are these attacks from bots? I'm assuming they are.

Your website wouldn't have any important information stored (like customer credit card numbers, etc.).

Are these attacks from bots? I'm assuming they are.

Your website wouldn't have any important information stored (like customer credit card numbers, etc.).

Bots, yes.

No HIPAA or personal information.

An attack over the weekend unsuccessfully targeted 1.3 million WordPress websites, in attempts to download their configuration files and harvest database credentials.

Attackers were spotted targeting over one million WordPress websites in a campaign over the weekend. The campaign unsuccessfully attempted to exploit old cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in WordPress plugins and themes, with the goal of harvesting database credentials.

Attackers Target 1M+ WordPress Sites To Harvest Database Credentials

Back