Work Life Balance - the unwind side?

I have been an outdoorsman all of my life. I love to fish and love hunting even more. By mid October I wil be climbing a tree waiting for that shot. I strap myself in and watch the woods wake up. I have taken some great naps in a tree. Seen a lot of nature that you don't see at home on the couch. Looking forward ti the next 5 months.

Last edited:
I have been an outdoorsman all of my life. I love to fish and love hunting even more. By mid October I wil be climbing a tree waiting for that shot. I strap myself in and watch the woods wake up. I have taken some great naps in a tree. Seen a lot of nature that you don't see at home on the couch. Looking forward ti the next 5 montbs.

You know, I haven't been to Yosemite or Sequoia National parks in a long time. I think I should make that a drive.

For me personally, an hour in the gym breaking a sweat and releasing endorphins is essential for my mental health. Most of us are on our phones and computers all day so setting aside some time to intentionally stay off my devices and clear my head works wonders!

I've never heard anyone say they regret not having spent more time in the office. Not when they were alive, and nobody said it about the person who died either. That said, I get when you are in a slump, failing, at a crossroad, etc. Other than that, work/life balance is critical. It is self-care. When you're on an airplane, and the oxygen masks drop -- there is a reason why they tell you to put the mask on yourself first, before you attempt to help someone else.

Self-care. Whatever it is you do to enjoy life...do it. Do plenty of it. Be successful in your career, your business, whatever that means to you. But also do self-care. Enjoy life. It's a finite commodity.

Back