Worked Aged Leads Today = Great Success!

pbbaseball,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for posting this.

No lead is "dead" until they tell you to quit contacting them! You bought the lead & it is your data. Great Job & thank you for sharing.

just said, "hey, i got an email a year or two ago saying you were looking for life insurance. Did you ever get that taken care of?"

Agents are always looking for the 'perfect" approach script not realizing that any approach that will start the conversation will work as you have just proven. Supposedly Medhi started out asking folks, "You don't want to buy any insurance today, do you?" If they say no, the conversation has started and if they say yes, you are home free. (as soon as you recover from your shock)

ok, so I'm a big fan of direct mail, but today in between those calls, i dropped in on aged Netquote leads. And I hate netquote because I've seen so much bad info on their leads.

Anyways, these were from 2010 that I bought and never caught up with them. of the 9 leads, 3 weren't home, 1 house was vacant, 2 were deceased, and sold the other 3 leads 7 small life policies for around 1400 in apv, and 3200 in auto premium, all in 3.5 hours with no appointments.

i guess the point is no lead is dead. only 1 of the 3 had bought a policy in the last 2 yrs, all got a ton of phone calls. the one that did, i replaced, and it's a super cheap way to market.

people are out there, we just have to find them

That's awesome, I am considering getting into the aged leads market myself so this is great to read. I have a new associate starting next week that I am going to have hit all of my old netquote and insureme leads.

Thanks pb. This thread reminded me of the 150+ netquote leads I have in a folder from 2009. I thought I deleted them all but I must have held on to them for some reason...

pbbaseball, were u door knocking in a rural area?

yeah, not a ton of farms or anything, but not a big city. lots of self employed, drywall, construction guys. i try not to work anywhere that is always bustling with activity and things for people to do, so I work the rural areas so I'll have daytime activities... i've done the city many times, but everyones always at work.

i never get rid of old leads unless they are moved/deceased. drop by every few years if I am bored or don't have "fresh" leads. never know what you'll run into out there

It's great to hear the success you've had working aged insurance leads. Most agents who buy real time leads usually stop calling on a lead after 2 weeks and discard the lead.

Even agents who buy aged leads usually only work them for a few weeks at the most and then don't bother to call them again but it is very smart to pull those leads out again and work them because you can pick up additional business like you did.

i guess the point is no lead is dead. only 1 of the 3 had bought a policy in the last 2 yrs, all got a ton of phone calls. the one that did, i replaced, and it's a super cheap way to market.

people are out there, we just have to find them

Man, that is great news for you. Congrats. Keep it up

Back