Working While Sick

Tea, cough drops, and Mucinex. And try to talk as little as possible--the more rest you give your throat, the sooner it'll heal. Oh, and reminding myself that I can curl up in bed with a hot toddy if I just make it through the day :1laugh:

Sigh....now the Forum is becoming an online triage for motherless insurance agents?
I must be getting old.
Suck it up, take a couple shots of whiskey with lemon and honey, watch some Bowl games, and eat chicken soup.
Oh, I almost forgot....go down to GNC and get some supplements. The sales guy there needs some business.

I spent pretty much the entire month of November sick as a dog. Sick day? :D Wrote 100+ apps that month with daily cluster headaches. You know, the ones that come on like a ton of bricks at the exact same time every day, that feel like an ice pick is being repeatedly jammed into your skull? Those are awesome! Took some dayquil and and an excedrin and slapped a smile on my face. Insurance will be sold whether you are sick or well.
Oh, and WASH YOUR DAMN HANDS!

Personally, it depends on 2 things. What you are feeling under the weather about, and how are your finances.

If its just a soar throat, suck it up. You aren't in school anymore. Heck, I remember one time I closed a FE sale in spite of throwing up in their bathroom before AND after doing the app.

Financially, I cant take many days off. The competition for Medicare is too high and I have 4 kids that NEVER skip a meal or snack. And a wife that just cant seem to tell herself "no" to something for the kids.
I also left a captive company this year so I have to build my renewals back up.

I never minded working while sick, but I can barely talk like I said. I've tried tea, dayquil, cough medicine, etc. etc. and nothing is freaking working.

Just hopefully it doesn't keep going on like this, I want to start the year strong.

I never minded working while sick, but I can barely talk like I said. I've tried tea, dayquil, cough medicine, etc. etc. and nothing is freaking working.

Just hopefully it doesn't keep going on like this, I want to start the year strong.

Rush Limbaugh swears by chocolate doughnuts when sick.:)

Back