Would Someone Mind Sharing with Me...

OK, I'm going to try to attach it and explain it.

First off, on the left is a list of my folders (the clients folder is open) Each client gets a tab and I have opened Tommy and Mary Ellen's tab (for obvious reasons I have whited out all last names and phone numbers and addresses)

You can see that I have dropped applications, illustrations, etc. directly in to their workspace. On the right had side I have pages that contain different information. You can do these for different family members or (what I have done here) is use the "send to OneNote icon in Outlook to send any e-mails about this client to OneNote. (You can also print files to OneNote if you so choose) You can see on the right I have an ExamOne Case Status e-mail attached that shows when their parameds, etc. were completed.

You can also highlight text on the web and press the "Send to OneNote" icon and have the text go directly to OneNote with a link under it pointing to were you copied it from. Another good feature is that you don't have to save anything. It automatically saves for you.

Last thing I can think of right now is at the bottom of my screen you can see the little "N" icon for OneNote (at the far right). If you press that a window opens up where you can type, drag stuff in to it, etc. and it automatically goes to onenote when you close it. I use that for taking notes when someone calls and then I can add it to their folder or make a new folder.

Hope this helps. Oh, and the search tab in the upper right searches for documents, names, etc. that are in OneNote. You can also set reminders that show up in your outlook calendar (which I have synced with my Google Calendar for web use when I'm away from my computer)

Ok, this is getting long. You can obviously see it can do a lot more than even what I mentioned. (BTW, it's got tutorial notebooks to show you what all it can do)

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 73
That is awesome! thank you so much for taking the time to explain to me how you use it! I have had it for nearly 3 years, just because it came in my office suite. lol

Thank you again!!

OK, I'm going to try to attach it and explain it.

First off, on the left is a list of my folders (the clients folder is open) Each client gets a tab and I have opened Tommy and Mary Ellen's tab (for obvious reasons I have whited out all last names and phone numbers and addresses)

You can see that I have dropped applications, illustrations, etc. directly in to their workspace. On the right had side I have pages that contain different information. You can do these for different family members or (what I have done here) is use the "send to OneNote icon in Outlook to send any e-mails about this client to OneNote. (You can also print files to OneNote if you so choose) You can see on the right I have an ExamOne Case Status e-mail attached that shows when their parameds, etc. were completed.

You can also highlight text on the web and press the "Send to OneNote" icon and have the text go directly to OneNote with a link under it pointing to were you copied it from. Another good feature is that you don't have to save anything. It automatically saves for you.

Last thing I can think of right now is at the bottom of my screen you can see the little "N" icon for OneNote (at the far right). If you press that a window opens up where you can type, drag stuff in to it, etc. and it automatically goes to onenote when you close it. I use that for taking notes when someone calls and then I can add it to their folder or make a new folder.

Hope this helps. Oh, and the search tab in the upper right searches for documents, names, etc. that are in OneNote. You can also set reminders that show up in your outlook calendar (which I have synced with my Google Calendar for web use when I'm away from my computer)

Ok, this is getting long. You can obviously see it can do a lot more than even what I mentioned. (BTW, it's got tutorial notebooks to show you what all it can do)

You may wish to take a look at YIO (Your Insurance Office) software that you can puchase from Frank Stastny, an esteemed member of this forum. Contact him and I believe he does offer a demo.

yes, i know. but like i stated, I am going to be started on an extreme budget. So purchasing YIO to start isn't an option. It will take me a few months. Thank you though! :1cute:

You may wish to take a look at YIO (Your Insurance Office) software that you can puchase from Frank Stastny, an esteemed member of this forum. Contact him and I believe he does offer a demo.

yes, i know. but like i stated, I am going to be started on an extreme budget. So purchasing YIO to start isn't an option. It will take me a few months. Thank you though! :1cute:

Put it on a credit card if you have to....Franks program will get your initial investment back and then some by the time that CC bill comes due.

Put it on a credit card if you have to....Franks program will get your initial investment back and then some by the time that CC bill comes due.

While I'm sure Frank's program is great, you need to be careful in the beginning. Only spend money (and time) on the things that bring results: finding and meeting with prospects/leads. If you get that going, you can quickly "upgrade" your CRM if desired.

I don't use credit cards. If I can't afford to pay for it with cash or money from my bank account, then obviously it is something that has to wait until I have earned the money.

I don't use credit cards. If I can't afford to pay for it with cash or money from my bank account, then obviously it is something that has to wait until I have earned the money.

One of the more intelligent things I have read here.

I am sure there will be those that come on here and tell you how good of an idea it is to go in debt, and to have credit cards.

When my wife and I got married; my gift to her was cutting up all of her credit cards and paying them off. We have not had one since. Keep that discipline; regardless of your endeavor, it will make you more successful.

DISCLAIMER: My definition of successful may be different than yours. If you don't like it; get over it!

Back