Writing 15 policies a week ?

Re: writing 15 policies a week??

Frank, that is a nice web site that you have. I thought your name was pronounced stas-teny. What happened to the "t?":wub:

Thanks.

Actually it is pronounced as though it were spelled Stas-nee. The second T is silent.

If someone pronounces my name correctly the first time I see it they are usually hockey fans. Two brothers with the same last name use to play. One played for St. Louis and still lives there.

Speaking of groups...I'm needing to get into small group in Virginia...can anyone recommed a couple of good companies to start with? What commission level should I be looking at for my agents and myself?

That's kind of like asking, "I have been having sex with Kirstin Bell 6 times a week. Now she wants it 12 times. Should I do it?"

12 policies a week is just over 2 a day. Does it take you less than 3 hours to write someone? If so, then you have plenty of time.

Now I have to go back to dreaming about my future girlfriend, Kristin.

Rick
is Kirstin Bell an agent? she may get her feelings hurt if she finds out your talking about her that way:1rolleyes:

Actually it is pronounced as though it were spelled Stas-nee. The second T is silent.

If someone pronounces my name correctly the first time I see it they are usually hockey fans. Two brothers with the same last name use to play. One played for St. Louis and still lives there.

Isn't this one of them?

Anton Å*Å¥astný - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember when they first came into the NHL, they weren't familiar with the more "physical" nature of North American hockey.

After a few vicious hits on the ice, they came to be known as "Canceled Czechs".

Hi, everyone. Interesting thread. I signed on to post on a different subject, but I saw this thread and it caught my eye. I just contracted with an agency a few days ago and was told they have hundreds of leads (not cold calling) from a variety of sources, especially internet sites. The broker said it's a software program that automatically dials people who have requested health & life insurance. Since I've been in a bad slump, I figure I have nothing to lose except the $60 appointment fee for Golden Rule (which will be reimbursed after submitting my first app) and the long drive to the office where I will train & work most of the time, although I can work from home once I get my feet wet.

For about 2 years a lot of people have sworn that writing business from home without being in front of the client is possible, and the best way to make a lot of money without killing myself. However, I always thought "this sounds too good to be true." Of course I'd like a high 6 figure income, but if I don't need to drive all over FL, I'll be happy writing 2 or 3 apps a week. The reason I think this might work is that I once processed auto loans for an internet company and we had too many leads to handle. Reaching people was the hardest part. The main reason I hated it was because 99% of our customers had very bad credit and been rejected by everyone else, including the buy here/pay here lots. I had to say with a smile "your approved rate is only 24.99% for 48 months" and sound enthusiastic.

The reason I am posting is actually because I assigned my commissions, which I've never done before. The broker told me that's the only way to get advances unless you work directly for a company as a captive agent. He said Golden Rule, Assurant & others will only pay as earned. It makes me uncomfortable, but I gather this is not uncommon.

:yes: or :no: ?
yes......... no

Last edited:
Back