Writing an App a Day

I've seen very few health agents achieve any level of success working independent from home and even fewer life agents.

Another great post with multiple opinions to help keep me line with my goals.

But I partially disagree with HealthAgent's statement. Working from home, in any capacity, requires strong discipline to be successful. I have worked from home as a business analyst for over 7 years and having absolute control of my time was the key to my success. It is often too easy to become distracted when working from home, but if you are results driven (and usually spouses contribute to this), you will be successful. On average, I would work 12 hours daily, but maintained a healthy balance of work and family time. This is very important.
I have read many self improvement and management books that have helped me develop a system to work from home successfully as a business analyst. Now I find myself starting over again as an independent agent.

I have always believed that lofty goals will never be attained if you do not set them. Set your goals and continue to drive to hit them and do not stop until you do. I know I make this sound easy, but if one gives up too easily, they may consider alternative career choices.

Jury hasn't even been assembled for me, but I am confident I will be posting "war story" results with time.:GEEK:

How do you determine if a prospect will invest the difference or not lapse their perm ins? One usually can't determine that for many years?

When the prospect asks "What happens if I can't pay the premiums." That happen to me for the first time last week. I attempted to hold a straight face but I'm quite sure my jaw dropped.

This is not too hard to do if you purchase good leads.

For instance, I spend about $300 on leads on a Friday night. On Saturday, I dialed from 9am-1pm and set appointments for Monday and Tuesday about 3-4 hours away.

I set about 11 appointments for just Monday and Tuesday.

Out of those 11 appointments, I closed 3 appointments for 5 applications. The applications amounted to about $5600.00 in AP.

That was only 2-3 days that week.

I see this happen with agents all the time.

Josh

@Happy

Hi, I saw your post and was wondering how do you approach small business owners? I am interested in going that route but am not sure how to start the conversation with them. Any help would be appreciated.

@Happy

Hi, I saw your post and was wondering how do you approach small business owners? I am interested in going that route but am not sure how to start the conversation with them. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not Happy (well I am, but I'm not), but...

"I'm Mr. LMT and I sell life insurance. The reason I stopped in is that I have a very simple idea I wanted to share with you. I'm not sure if it will be a fit, but it only takes 90 seconds to find out. Is now a good time, otherwise, I'll be back out here on Monday as well?"

Rinse. Repeat.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
im trying to get back insurance business if you can teach me how to write and app day ill pay

Reference my above post, then do that constantly from 8am to 4pm each day going B2B. I can virtually guarantee you will average an app a day. Sounds easy doesn't it? I have never met anyone personally that did it consistently, including myself. B2B, at least for me, wears me out. However, there is a map of how to do it. PM me for the address to send the check.

Eight hours a day, every day would be a bear. That being said, B2B is my main lead generator and thank goodness, you don't have to do it 8 hours a day to be successful. Do it for 4 hours a day, every day, and they will write a book about your success a decade later.

Last edited:
The neat thing about Full Throttle's approach (and no, I haven't done it), is that you are reducing the risk to the business owner for even listening to you.

What risk? The risk of being in a sales appointment with someone who could waste a lot of the owner's time... AND try to sell something that he doesn't want, doesn't need and can't afford. (That's what is going on in the mind of the business owner - and that's why they have those "no soliciting" signs in the doors. They have better things to do in their mind.)

Fast, simple, in and out, and some curiousity... sounds like a winner to me!

I been doing small businesses for about 2 years when I got tired of throwing my money down the toilet on crappy internet leads.

A great product is Assurity's acci-flex product- simple underwriting, great accident and disabiity product, not occ specific like those old MP disability riders.. and its cheap too.. around $30 a month-

I sell around 3-4 of those a week- sometimes in one buidling- and its great because you can set it up as a list bill

I walk in drop off a flyer, exchange business cards and walk out, I can get 25 buisness cards in half an hour easily

I do this while out on an appt with a client- I dont ever drive by blocks of small businesses after an appt in a area without stopping in and exchanging a card and my flyer

Only takes me 2 seconds and I'm driving by there anyway on my way back to the office- Make use of resources-

I use to do it full time, now roughly 3-4 hours a week, that along with my 1000 drops per week, my bandit signs etc

I'm getting 6-7 apps a week no problem at all.

Back