Writing an App a Day

The premium that the original poster is targeting is only $25 a month. Is it really impossible to find somebody who will pay $25 a month if you work 8 hours doing that? Selling a $25 monthly premium is a lot easier than selling a $300 a month premium. It is only impossible if an agent just wants to work a few hours a week. But anything is impossible to accomplish if someone does not want to put in the enough effort needed.

The better question is: will an agent be willing to put in the enough efforts needed to sell a policy a day?

Just a guess but if you hopped on the dialer and did residential calling for 2 straight hours you'd find a deal for $25/mo term premiums. Whether or not you're actually going to do that is another matter.

And for those of you who don't write an app per day, how many hours a day would you say are devoted to marketing?

The easiest way to write an application every day.

Get married, your wife will provide all the motivation you will ever need.

:yes:

Unless your wife works. The worst agents I ever hired had working spouses. It's a license to screw off all day and get nothing done while she pays the bills.

Unless your wife works. The worst agents I ever hired had working spouses. It's a license to screw off all day and get nothing done while she pays the bills.

Amen brother, I have to admit that when my wife worked I never worked as hard as when I am the only worker.

Like any other goal, you need to first ask yourself what are you trying to accomplish?

Is it production just for the sake of notching your gun or are you really focused on helping your client.

Writing an app a day is hard, even more so in life. I know some guys who do this and more, but they have a whopping advertising budget. This is something that has been built up over the last 20 yrs or so. They first started out advertising in local papers, then the WSJ and other national publications.

After Al Gore invented the internet they moved there but still kept their paper advertising.

They spend close to $500,000 per year on lead generation and it pays them very well.

I have no idea how anyone can write a life app a day with face to face unless they are in the worksite market. Unless you want to go crazy (or hire the staff) to follow up on para-meds, you need to concentrate on simplified issue plans with small face amounts.

Production and helping clients isn't an either/or proposition where ambition must step on the client. I believe you must help the client if you want to acheive long-term success.

I think you do hire staff if you're writing an app a day. I know I would need an assistant. To me, this discussion isn't about writing simplified issue with small face amounts (although that is a business model). It is about production and productivity, and hopefully, about marketing models.

If I write a $500k policy six days a week that's $190k, less payroll and other expenses. Mix in some WL and you're making over $200k.

So, If I want to make $200k/yr selling life, what do I need to do to get there? Besides marrying a harpie; not saying anything about YOUR wife, Expat.:D

Another way to look at it is how do you sell $2m FV of WL each month to earn 180k/yr?

I don't see where a ton of production and ethics are mutually exclusive. If you believe you're helping people then why stop at helping 3 people a week when you can help 5. Why should those extra two find another agents due to lack of ambition.

The truth is hardly any of us really dig in and bust it out. Do we have to? No. Most of us hit a financial conform zone and say "why bother" past that.

That doesn't mean a fantastic hard-working ethical work-horse agent can't tear into it and write 1.5 to 2 mill a year in premiums. Last time I checked our SalesWolf was writing 4 apps a day on average. He's not unethical - just harder working.

There's an undercurrent not just on this board but in the field in general that if your goal is to make a lot of money you're ethically challenged. I think that's lazy agents trying to justify their lack of ambition.

I don't see where a ton of production and ethics are mutually exclusive. If you believe you're helping people then why stop at helping 3 people a week when you can help 5. Why should those extra two find another agents due to lack of ambition.

The truth is hardly any of us really dig in and bust it out. Do we have to? No. Most of us hit a financial conform zone and say "why bother" past that.

That doesn't mean a fantastic hard-working ethical work-horse agent can't tear into it and write 1.5 to 2 mill a year in premiums. Last time I checked our SalesWolf was writing 4 apps a day on average. He's not unethical - just harder working.

There's an undercurrent not just on this board but in the field in general that if your goal is to make a lot of money you're ethically challenged. I think that's lazy agents trying to justify their lack of ambition.

That's exactly what my wife says. (She knows lazy when she see it)

Back