Writing High Brush In CA

Thanks John, I'll have to check them out. Are their rates pretty competitive?

cant believe you asked that question!:goofy::no:

First of all, the Foreskin policy SUCKS ASS, I refuse to sell it.:swoon:

Second of all, if you have a brush issue, then price shouldnt matter but the policy coverages should,:idea:

NUFF SAID

cant believe you asked that question!:goofy::no:

First of all, the Foreskin policy SUCKS ASS, I refuse to sell it.:swoon:

Second of all, if you have a brush issue, then price shouldnt matter but the policy coverages should,:idea:

NUFF SAID

Well there you have it. Did not know about their policy. Not so good then, huh? What is the policy lacking? Just curious. I agree coverage is more important than price, just looking for a decent company with competitive rates for high brush risks. Thanks for the feedback.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this is the only thread here with the word "brush" in the thread title.

Any updates on who's good in California for brush? In California, if your home is <2000 feet from brush area (fireline), then most carriers will not write due to brush hazard.

For example, check out this address: Onyx Circle, Corona, CA. Because of the hill that starts about 500 feet from that street, I'm having difficulty finding anyone to write for that subdivision. Mercury, Travelers, Safeco, MetLife, they all said no.

Really?
This is what, a protection class 3? I didn't run the address, but it looks to have hydrants.

Actually, went and looked, there is a hydrant right around the corner.

No way for me to really measure the distance to the brush, but if its not a Fire Interface area, you should be able to write this with virtually anyone.

Hmmm, I might have to find an address there and see if it raises any flags as I quote it out.

Dan

Statefarm, those bastards will write just about anything.

I am a SoCal State Farm agent....
and I am finding out that our underwriting uses a somewhat different brush mapping tool than the independents.

However, we have tightened up a real bunch in our back county risks. So if I enter an address and it shows brush exposure zone, I rarely can overcome the hoops to get it ok'd. If its an incorporated city zip code I rarely get it bounced even though it may be a canyon risk, etc

If its brush zone classed, non-enclosed eaves usually knocks us out unless its a newer constructed home. One way access road is another killer. The panoramic photos around the home have to really show no brush close-by and then there's the infamous satellite pictures of the address... its way lot tougher.

However, we have grandfathered in all of our on the book risks (so far), and there was rumor of reinspections, but it hasn't happenned yet.

And, yes, Farmers can write a lot of stuff that we wouln't touch with a 10' pole

Last edited:
I've had clients come to me with homes in brush areas and they currently have State Farm, I couldn't get a surplus carrier to even look at it, FAir Plan was my only option. This has happened to me 3 times in the last 12 months.

Travelers, Hartford, Fidelity will look at these depending on the exposure. The captives will also write them. In socal we have lots of High value homes. For those approach Chubb, ACE, Chartis. I take those from Farmers all the time. They are always under-insured and the product is not suited for high value home owner.
P.S. Lexington does them on the surplus side.

Gday All,
I am a Farmers Agent with the old contract...most of the SHIA homes I find Farmers will write with great coverages and at a good rate; high value over $3,000,000 in coverage can be tough. If any would like a joint venture give us a shout (ask for Thomas (me) or Monica); my agency will commit to not cross sell the autos so you can keep the rest of the household.
Cheers,
TK
[email protected]
760-634-4165

Back