Writing High Brush In CA

Guys, seriously, brush isn't the issue. Okay, it's a minor issue. Carriers look at fireline scores / SHIA zones. You can write brush in one area and not another because the fireline score varies.

Put it this way. Flat area, a bit of brush, no real problem to write. A house on top of a steep ridge with brush up the side, then it MUCH harder to write it. The fireline changes drastically. House butts up to a National Forest and its in a SHIA zone, good luck!

If it's only brush, the homeowner can usually correct it.

Dan

I understand but "brush risk" is the exact term used by most of my carriers so it's the term I use as well.

They classify the risk as high, medium or low brush which is based on the density and growth of the "brush" as well as the distance from the house.

Generally speaking, we try Foremost and AMIG to see their take on the brush area. I would check the brush rating with Safeco and Fidelity as well, if you have them. With my own home, one preferred carrier declined while the other accepted. What carriers are declining you?

To which carriers do you have access? I can check some for you if you would like.

Generally speaking, we try Foremost and AMIG to see their take on the brush area. I would check the brush rating with Safeco and Fidelity as well, if you have them. With my own home, one preferred carrier declined while the other accepted. What carriers are declining you?

To which carriers do you have access? I can check some for you if you would like.

Huh, this sounds familiar... I recall falling for this once before and sending you some info to never hear back again...

I have Travelers and Safeco and they are more lenient on brush than Mercury, but still get some locations that are unacceptable in all 3. So Foremost is good for brush risks? Wondering about taking on a carrier like that so I don't have to turn my client away.

I have Travelers and Safeco and they are more lenient on brush than Mercury, but still get some locations that are unacceptable in all 3. So Foremost is good for brush risks? Wondering about taking on a carrier like that so I don't have to turn my client away.

If you don't have Foremost, they are a great option if your preferred carriers don't have a market.

Allied, Travelers and Oregon Mutual can do it if you provide pictures that the ground brush is cleared. Safeco will work with you.

If they won't take it then I deal with JE Brown (as mentioned) to place it with CSE, Lexington, American Modern or American Reliable. I have Foremost but the few quotes I have received were extremely high.

Back