WSJ Articles About Ltc Add-on

supersupps

Guru
I read two articles a few weeks ago in the WSJ concerning the need for LTC and the expense and difficulty getting the coverage. The artice says that a better option might be an fixed annuity with a LTC rider. There was another article in the WSJ that spoke of another option. Having no annuity experience, seems like an annuity with a LTC rider is a win-win, no brainer.. WHo is best for this? which product? thanks

I like it for clients with a nice sized penson, so that if they need care, the extra income from the LTC rider enables them to self-pay using guaranteed income streams.

Isn't a problem with the hybrids (life or annuity) is that you need a substantial investment to initially fund them?

I was talking to a LTC planner who mentioned a concern with these was the fact that they were relativly new and could blow up like the LTC policies have blown up with the price hikes.

Any thoughts on that?

I've been licesensed for a while, but am moving to actually using my insurance licsense and the hybrids seem a little too good to be true.

insurancejd said:
I was talking to a LTC planner who mentioned a concern with these was the fact that they were relativly new and could blow up like the LTC policies have blown up with the price hikes.

Any thoughts on that?

I've been licesensed for a while, but am moving to actually using my insurance licsense and the hybrids seem a little too good to be true.

The benefit is built into the contract so I don't see that happening.

Any thoughts on that?

The hybrids have premiums that are guaranteed. If you really understand LTC insurance planning the hybrids are not "too good to be true.". They are high deductible LTC plans, typically non-inflation adjusted. Traditional LTC insurance will smoke hybrids in benefits, even accounting for rate increase risk.

The hybrids have premiums that are guaranteed. If you really understand LTC insurance planning the hybrids are not "too good to be true.". They are high deductible LTC plans, typically non-inflation adjusted. Traditional LTC insurance will smoke hybrids in benefits, even accounting for rate increase risk.

well said.

you are 100% correct.

Back