WTH was Biden talking about?

WiscBroker

Expert
In last night's apocalypse debate, Joe Biden said his health care plan would include a public option for states that did not expand Medicaid. He said people who were eligible for Medicaid would sign up for the public option. If that's the case, then why don't they just go on Medicaid? What in the world was he even talking about? It made no sense to me. Honestly, at this point I wish both of them would just leave the ACA alone and manage it well and basically allow Short Term Medical to no longer be just short-term. Allow people to go through underwriting to get a regular medical plan anytime during the year and for those who want the ACA, so be it. These idiots are just going to screw it up the more they mess around with it, because after last night it is obvious both of them have no idea what they're talking about.

States have to pay a portion of Medicaid expansion costs. (10% ?)
That's why many states did not expand.
With public option, it would be 100% funded for the low income to fill the under 138% FPL gap that exists in most states.
I'm sure some states would then bail on Medicaid expansion and transfer to the public option since it's on somebody else's dime.

Alright, I'm in Wisconsin, and we did not expand Medicaid. However, for those 100-138% they simply get a really cheap Silver CSR plan usually with no or a very low deductible ($50 for example). I guess I'm not understanding the need. Perhaps other states operate differently?

It's for states that didn't expand Medicaid. Gets around the concept entirely. I would call it a rebranding of Medicaid.

Alright, I'm in Wisconsin, and we did not expand Medicaid. However, for those 100-138% they simply get a really cheap Silver CSR plan usually with no or a very low deductible ($50 for example). I guess I'm not understanding the need. Perhaps other states operate differently?

You hit the nail on the head, the issue is those folks can't afford any OOP. That's what they're addressing.

It would be for states like FL. We didn’t expand Medicaid and if you make too little of income, or none, you just have to pay full price for healthcare.

Who really knows half the time what he's talking about. :huh:

The healthcare issue will always be an issue. To major ways to attack it would be first training younger folks how to take care of their health... second would be to address the need for lower income folks to have help, but I see far to many people getting free healthcare and not taking care of themselves... and I don't mean just not brushing their teeth.

Why would we pay for someone's health care who has COPD uses O2 and still smokes 2 to 3 packs a day... that just doesn't make sense to me. :no: But we do.

Who really knows half the time what he's talking about.

The low income people in the uninsured gap between medicaid and aca subsidies. They knew exactly what Biden was talking about in that statement.

Last edited:
Back