YAL Lead...Wanna Hear What One Sounds Like?

Is that representative of all of the leads? Personally, I think the telemarketer did a good job on that call and think that with volume, the numbers play out, but take this into consideration:

When I first started selling FE I was working lead cards and I was trained to call the lead 3 times and if they said no over the phone, to go knock on their door, so, not knowing any better, that's exactly what I did. I called a lady who over the phone told me three times she wasn't interested and then I went and knocked on her door. The woman let in, I made my pitch, and I wrote $900 or so in premium, so not a bad lead after all.

TPA, I don't want to hear what one lead sounds like, I want to hear what 10 sound like, or 20 or more.

I realize a good chunk of you are going to get yourselves all worked up over what I'm about to say, but when agents complain about individual leads like this it sounds to me like they are afraid to work an actual lead. A good agent could probably get 2-3 sales out of 10 of those leads and at $16-$17/each, that's a pretty good ROI.

Again, I listened to the lead, and out of a stack of 10 of them there are probably 2-3 sales in there, but not if an agent is already working the lead with a chip on their shoulder.

$170 for 10 leads to write $1,200-$1,800 in premium sounds decent to me, but I guess I'm doing something wrong.

And you guys were beating up on Merrill, it looks like he was right. this is why we joined the forum. To informs each other, on bad actors. I think TPAAagent is madder than Merrill.

MPS, I understand what you are saying.

But it is one thing to stretch when you are doing the dialing yourself. It is something completely different to do it and then try to sell that product at a premium.

You do it yourself, you know you're just taking a chance. You sell that for $10/$15/$25/whatever a pop, and you know you're just cheating someone.

Clearly the prospect didnt want to buy any insurance and didnt want anyone to bother him.

I wish I could make money being a lead company that sold bad leads in with some good leads and still make you pay for the really bad ones.

I say, just listen to the mp3, and know that you will be paying for leads like this and they wont refund your money on a lead just like this.

It is their no response, that is getting everybody worked up. They knew the forum was watching them, and they did not care. I am one agent that will never use them. now that leaves 28,796, to make up their minds.

Is that representative of all of the leads? Personally, I think the telemarketer did a good job on that call and think that with volume, the numbers play out, but take this into consideration:

When I first started selling FE I was working lead cards and I was trained to call the lead 3 times and if they said no over the phone, to go knock on their door, so, not knowing any better, that's exactly what I did. I called a lady who over the phone told me three times she wasn't interested and then I went and knocked on her door. The woman let in, I made my pitch, and I wrote $900 or so in premium, so not a bad lead after all.

TPA, I don't want to hear what one lead sounds like, I want to hear what 10 sound like, or 20 or more.

I realize a good chunk of you are going to get yourselves all worked up over what I'm about to say, but when agents complain about individual leads like this it sounds to me like they are afraid to work an actual lead. A good agent could probably get 2-3 sales out of 10 of those leads and at $16-$17/each, that's a pretty good ROI.

Again, I listened to the lead, and out of a stack of 10 of them there are probably 2-3 sales in there, but not if an agent is already working the lead with a chip on their shoulder.

$170 for 10 leads to write $1,200-$1,800 in premium sounds decent to me, but I guess I'm doing something wrong.

I gotta couple more.. ya wanna hear them or you think im just here wasting everbodies f*ckin time?

I got one where a lady wouldnt give the rep her age or confirm that she had a bank account, that lead passed QC and I'm still waiting to see if they'll bone me on that one too

That lead cost me $22 dollars.. do you know how many beers I can buy for $22?

I'd love to post more, however they've only fulfilled half my order, and I seriuosly doubt they will once they read this

I got 6 back.. 3 of them are comeplete ass

50%

The other 3 good ones??

1) Guy said his wife just took out a policy a week ago, he doesnt need any, she wasnt there... he said to call back and talk to her... Thats a third party lead... I dont want to hear from a cousin or son or daughter.. I wanna hear it from the F*CKIN PERSON THATS INTRESTED

2) One guy said he dont need burial insurance he was retired military and his burial is already covered 100%. But he would like to see what life insurance would cost.. okay.. not a bad one.. I'll give them that one..

3) One old lady wouldnt give any info over the phone because she was elderly and concerned about fraud didnt verify banking info, said she would prefer someone come to her door... I did, 2 hours after I got the lead.. she wouldnt open the door, tried several times to call no answer

Okay maybe.. but YAL GUARANTEES that certain criteria be met, and one of those are verifying banking info

My time is money.. I could give a rats ass if someone said sure, come by lets talk.. if they dont have a checking or a savings account, it dont do me any good..Time is money

Its pretty simple stuff

Verify that prospect is "Generally intrested"

No 3rd party prospects

Verify age and banking

Verify not in nursing, hospice or wheelchair

And ask what amount they would like their free quote to be

Thats all you need to do

Thats a lead.. if you gotta call more people.. then do it.. and stop doing a half ass job

I expect 1, 2 at most bad leads.. not 50% of them that are complete dogsh*t

MPS, I understand what you are saying.

But it is one thing to stretch when you are doing the dialing yourself. It is something completely different to do it and then try to sell that product at a premium.

You do it yourself, you know you're just taking a chance. You sell that for $10/$15/$25/whatever a pop, and you know you're just cheating someone.

I completely disagree with you about it cheating someone. We buy leads to have a chance at selling a product. If the guy was 66 and willing to have someone come over and talk to him about life insurance, that's a good lead. I can't tell you how many times I've walked into a door with the people saying "I'm not going to buy anything today" and I walked out with a check and a signed app. The problem is too many agents are expecting these to be lay downs and with life insurance that's tough. If they were doing Medicare products, health, auto, etc then that's a different game, but with life insurance that's a decent lead and I think that's an indication that YAL is doing alright at their job. Are they great leads? No, but they're certainly workable. Out of 10 of those a good agent should be able to sit with 7 and close 2 or 3.

From what I hear, the agents that are actually working the leads are closing 3/10 which comes as no surprise.

Again, I think that recording is an indication that YAL is doing a decent job, but without hearing all of the leads from a batch, it's tough to say. My guess, if the agents buying these leads were actually trained on how to sell FE and how to work a lead, they'd start making money on them. Merrill, as much as I dislike the guy, closed 20% on those leads and I think that shows he knows how to work a lead.

I gotta couple more.. ya wanna hear them or you think im just here wasting everbodies f*ckin time?

I got one where a lady wouldnt give the rep her age or confirm that she had a bank account, that lead passed QC and I'm still waiting to see if they'll bone me on that one too

That lead cost me $22 dollars.. do you know how many beers I can buy for $22?

I'd love to post more, however they've only fulfilled half my order, and I seriuosly doubt they will once they read this

I got 6 back.. 3 of them are comeplete ass

50%

The other 3 good ones??

1) Guy said his wife just took out a policy a week ago, he doesnt need any, she wasnt there... he said to call back and talk to her... Thats a third party lead... I dont want to hear from a cousin or son or daughter.. I wanna hear it from the F*CKIN PERSON THATS INTRESTED

2) One guy said he dont need burial insurance he was retired military and his burial is already covered 100%. But he would like to see what life insurance would cost.. okay.. not a bad one.. I'll give them that one..

3) One old lady wouldnt give any info over the phone because she was elderly and concerned about fraud didnt verify banking info, said she would prefer someone come to her door... I did, 2 hours after I got the lead.. she wouldnt open the door, tried several times to call no answer

Okay maybe.. but YAL GUARANTEES that certain criteria be met, and one of those are verifying banking info

My time is money.. I could give a rats ass if someone said sure, come by lets talk.. if they dont have a checking or a savings account, it dont do me any good..Time is money

Its pretty simple stuff

Verify that prospect is "Generally intrested"

No 3rd party prospects

Verify age and banking

Verify not in nursing, hospice or wheelchair

And ask what amount they would like their free quote to be

Thats all you need to do

Thats a lead.. if you gotta call more people.. then do it.. and stop doing a half ass job

I expect 1, 2 at most bad leads.. not 50% of them that are complete dogsh*t

I would like to hear some more of them for a good laugh.

TPA thanks for posting that. I was thinking of using them but I won't now! The minute the guy said he wasn't interested it should have been over. He clearly only "agreed" to receive a call just to shut that telemarketer up. I agree that if you're calling from a list yourself you should try to overcome an objection like that. But if you're paying a company $20 a lead or whatever the prospect at least have to have some interest in receiving a call from an agent.

Now this doesn't mean it's a lay down nor should it be necessarily. But what you're paying for is the company to find INTERESTED prospects. Doesn't mean they'll always buy but they have to at least be a willing audience.

Back