YAL Lead...Wanna Hear What One Sounds Like?

Josh, let me ask you this. If I could generate those exact telephone calls (excuse me.....leads) we just heard, are you telling us you would pay $17 a piece for those all day long?

Your exact words were a good agent could sell 2 to 3 out of 10 policies with leads that good. So if I can generate you those leads or anybody else here, are you willing to put your money where your mouth is because I have a girl who is ready to hit the phones.

Apparently I should get in the lead business and sell names from the phone book for $17 each and not guarantee them. You would have the same quality as most of YAL's leads, I would give you the actual quantity you purchased instantly with no 2-3 week delays as they typically have in finding these gems. I will even go half cost for those that are interested! If you happen to close a couple then they are clearly quality leads!

This is not that bad of a FE lead. This guy agreed to receiving the "free info" just like the standard DM FE says "free info...you will not be charged for this info".

I've had a lot of people say "I thought ya'll were going to mail me something" or "We're not going to do anything today", or "I don't know why I sent that card in", etc., but 45 min. later would have their check in my hand and everyone was happy (when I used to do face 2 face).

This guy sounds like the FE DM responder who would say "I thought ya'll were going to mail me something" when you door knock. After a thorough warm up and a good presentation a sale will happen...about 20%-30% of the time....depending on the skill of the agent.

This is not that bad of a FE lead. This guy agreed to receiving the "free info" just like the standard DM FE says "free info...you will not be charged for this info".

I've had a lot of people say "I thought ya'll were going to mail me something" or "We're not going to do anything today", or "I don't know why I sent that card in", etc., but 45 min. later would have their check in my hand and everyone was happy (when I used to do face 2 face).

This guy sounds like the FE DM responder who would say "I thought ya'll were going to mail me something" when you door knock. After a thorough warm up and a good presentation a sale will happen...about 20%-30% of the time....depending on the skill of the agent.

Get your credit card out then, I believe YAL would like to do business with you.

Get your credit card out then, I believe YAL would like to do business with you.

I pay all my bills with money orders.;)

This post actually illustrates why 90% of agents will fail in 1st year or two. 90% feel this lead is a rip-off, 10% feel the lead, though not great, is still workable. That's why I spend $29/lead for TV leads.

Last edited:
Insman that's still different though when someone says "I thought you were going to send me something" because that person is still possibly interested in information, he just thought it was going to be delivered differently. The 1st thing out that YAL's lead mouth was "I don't need any life insurance." That's not what we should be paying YAL or any lead co for. That crap should be weeded out for that price per lead.

Now if your cold calling you'll run into that a lot but why are we paying another company big $ per lead for if not to weed out that bs?

"Get your credit card out then, I believe YAL would like to do business with you."
I pay all my bills with money orders.
wink.gif

Thats even better because YAL doesn't take credit cards.

Insman that's still different though when someone says "I thought you were going to send me something" because that person is still possibly interested in information, he just thought it was going to be delivered differently. The 1st thing out that YAL's lead mouth was "I don't need any life insurance." That's not what we should be paying YAL or any lead co for. That crap should be weeded out for that price per lead.

Now if your cold calling you'll run into that a lot but why are we paying another company big $ per lead for if not to weed out that bs?

$17 for a FE lead is not big $, it's a cheap price that's why the quality is not great. Better quality leads, TV for ex., will cost more. When it comes to FE leads you get what you pay for.

Over 12 yrs. of selling only FE I've had a lot of people say "I don't need any insurance", yet 45 min. later the sale will be made. You have to agree with their objection..."I don't need any insurance" and then keep right on with your presentation as if you never even heard the objection.

Now, if I hear the same objection 3 or more times then the objection is probably for real. On the other hand if I hear a different objection every 5 min. then I know I've not yet discovered their real objection.

Back