Y'all Ready for Windows 10?

I don't get the hate for windows 8...except for the fact that people are resistant to change. There were a few things that you have to do differently...but my $400 windows 8 laptop boots and is ready to go in less time than my windows 7 gaming machine at home with SSD, more memory than you could know what to do with, etc. etc. And I believe just about the ONLY time I've had a program crash on windows 8 was related to a network issue while using software shared from a server, not the once-infamous MS instability. Once I had a week or so to adjust, windows 8 has probably become my favorite OS they've put out yet. Especially with this little touchscreen ASUS transformer I'm using right now. Love being able to use it for work in desktop mode, or metro if I am using it for an e-reader or keeping my son busy with a game.

Looking forward to seeing how 10 is, but I honestly haven't been keeping up with it too well...last I heard, I thought the "free" upgrade was just a limited trial, not a full upgrade?

W8 is the most god awful OS that was ever made. I have it on my daughters laptop and I cant even put in words how difficult and cumbersome it is to use.

I wish they would extend the upgrade to XP since I still have 1 that has XP!

I thought i was the only human still using xp lol, thank goodness im not alone!!

Shouldn't we worry about using computer software from a company that can't count...What happened to Windows 9?

It's a marketing thing. They purposefully skipped '9' because the next version was so much better.

It might also have something to do with international markets too. 'Nine' in German is 'no'.

Anyone switch over to 10 yet? Any company software issues?

I've upgraded to 10 and no issues with Life Portrait software or iPipeline disconnect mode with Assurity... or any other software.

I do have one issue and that's the windows update service. It won't let you choose which updates to install or not. It'll just install everything.

Back