Y'all Ready for Windows 10?

I suppose you still haven't upgraded from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95 thinking that you needed 4 through 94?

No bought a new computer and it got me to Vista :( Getting from Vista or 5 to Windows 7 without Windows 6 was a nightmare.

----------

Norway has ADD and OCD. You just fried his brain with your comeback.

You know I am just funnen you all..... But really I want to wait for everyone to test drive 10 and make sure it's an improvement.

My son said to take advantage of the free Win 10 upgrade, unless I wanted to wait for 13 to come out. He said it is OK to download but don't install for at least 6 months.

I've upgraded to 10 and no issues with Life Portrait software or iPipeline disconnect mode with Assurity... or any other software.

I do have one issue and that's the windows update service. It won't let you choose which updates to install or not. It'll just install everything.

You can choose which updates to install, but there are several steps required. I updated a Toshiba laptop with no issues. My main laptop (Asus) updated fine except an Asus touchpad utility wasn't compatible even though the "Get Windows 10" app said it was. After reinstalling the utility, everything was good.

Next is an old Dell running W7 when I get to it.

I noticed I did not have all the current updates on my Surface. figured I should have that before I decide to upgrade. I could not get them to install. So I found this option that says refresh. Refresh sounded good. Refresh meant refresh like clean as in all the programs be gone. I am reloading everything fresh. :swoon:

Make a new boot disk and image of your current system and make sure your data is backed up before upgrading.

That said, I'm running XP on my desktop & am getting to the point where I need more hardware because of some spreadsheets I have to deal with. I'll put a light version of linux on the XP machine and use it as a server when the time comes.

My wife has Win 8 on her desktop and hates it. She'll change to 10 when available. I have Win 7 & Ubuntu 14.04 on my laptop. I hardly ever boot into 7 usually only to get IE because Blue Cross seems to prefer it even though they "say" that FF & Chrome are supported.

I remember reading about one agency owner that years ago went through the trouble of getting rid of Microsoft. The story as related was that he got raked over the coals because one of the agents had some bootleg software & the agency head got fined.

A couple of carriers that I used to work for used to inventory the software on our machines and look at the licenses. Anything bootleg was forced uninstalled (or you had the option of moving the office.)

Back