Yet Another BS Rule from CMS

Bob -

All you've done is guaranteed that you need 2 meetings to sell someone, although I do like the marketing aspect of explaining stuff rather than selling.

Rick

That's right, 2 meetings.

2 meetings, so they remember my name and face when I see them in Kroger later that week.

2 meetings, so they have more time to think of other people I can call on.

2 meetings, so I can differentiate myself from the stick em and bleed agent that met with them last year

2 meetings, so I know exactly what they need and want, thus eliminating having to use a CMS approved script

2 meetings, so I can get to know them better, and possibly sell them LTC, Life, Annuities, etc.

2 meetings, so I don't need to worry about charge backs if someone doesn't stay with the plan I recommend for three months.

2 meetings, so when I send them an invitation to one of my Medicare/LTC information meetings at the YMCA or ALF, they bring a friend, and tell the others at the meeting how professional I am.

Yep, 2 meetings.

That's right, 2 meetings.
Bob -

I like the idea. It adds real value to working with you and in the long run probably gets you more business.

It's also a great deal less intimidating for your prospect to know you are there to explain Medicare, not just to sell them.

I may incorporate what you do in my marketing where I don't know the prospect's "exact" needs up front. Great way to generate some new business.

(But it the 48 hr. rule still sucks!)

Rick

Sounds like a nice variation of the "needs analysis" method. Also a novel approach that might garner more appointments.

There was a group that proposed calling seniors to explain their "Part D" program, which few understand, and then bridge conversation to ltc.

But i think of this like mass mailing, hitting large numbers to cull the sales on a small percentage return.

Just don't think I have the energy to run all over a zip code or town to explain Medicare and their choices. (how long does that take?) With my luck, the senior would smile sweetly, thank me for my time, and say they were going to keep what they have with Medicare, can't or don't want LTC, and have plenty of burial insurance.:D

Perhaps when renumeration was better, once upon a time, and i was younger, i would give it a try.

Like the Lovebug said, after hitting a windshield: "If I HAD THE GUTS, I WOULD DO IT AGAIN!"

BOB, got any stats with that approach you can share?

Boomers are a 15 yr span and I ain't talking, so there.

you catty person you.

How come my avatar doesn't animate but yours does?

Bob-T-I-G,

This is a very novel marketing approach.

At first I thought Rick was going to get the gold star for this 48 Hour Cool-Off thread. But, your now a leading candidate. Maybe Rick can co-star.

Not to draw salt out of ya -- but, how do you get 30 copies of the Medicare&You 200_ for 30 people who come to your informational meeting? Or in other words – what does the informational meeting and invite script look like?

Thanks again!

Back