Yet to See Indy Companies Beating Captive

Have you gone over to the dark side (P&C) full time now? Don't hear you mentioning L&H much anymore?
i'm 37 and don't want to stroke out at prospect's kitchen table at age 80

I am as well, considering going to the "dark side" of P&H - working 60 plus hours as an indy Life & Annuities broker seems to have fklat worn me out. Too much driving, too much overhead, not enough $$ at the end of the month. A nice cozy office job seems really, really good rigth about now. Maybe its the turning 50 thing. Hope I'm maing the right decision...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Apparently I am - can't even write P&C correctly - too freakin tired at the end of the day...which is too bad, I actually like what I do

Last edited:
I had an indy p+c guy run my auto/home and he couldn't find anything within 10% of AmFam here in AZ. I guess everywhere is different.

every company has a nitch, especially the captives.....

Thats why i only close 70% and not 100%, you wont win everytime.

You example is very general. In MN captives can't compete with Indy if the client has good credit. With credit scoring some companies have up to 50 rate tiers. I only seem to lose out to captives on marginal to poor credit which is nothing to build an agency on anyway.

i think it's because of the tornadoes down here. a regional carrier nearly went under and the indy's increased their premiums. captives are holding steady so far. in general, i mean property. specifically i mean north alabama.

Back