You Still Think Ehealth Is No Competition? Wake Up People!!!

Impressive numbers nevertheless. I'd love to find out the "fine" details of the retention rate, average plan type, etc. etc. of ehealthinsurance.

This is just a pure guess - I could be wildly off base:

3,000 Ehealth apps submitted
50% are batted down immediately - don't qualify

1,500 left.
50% of those get adverse underwriting decisions and are not placed

750 left
50% of those are issued with no clue as to how the plans work and are canceled within 6 months

375 left
80% of those app were washed, intentionally or unintentionally by the client who simply do not know how to fill out applications. Claims review eat's 'em up and spit's em out.

Crap left.

Obviously they do place and keep policies. But I say from submission to what's left standing after 12 months? 10% or possibly 20%.

I could also care less if Ehealth puts in a million apps a year. I only need 5 a week to make a killing.

BCBS of TX has come a long way, their procedures, prices, you name it - they get the "most improved" award in 2007 as far as I am concerned they are a solid player - not to mention "the name" goes a long way.

MCM on the list is the former marketing arm for Texas Children's Health Plan (HMO) which is now out of business. I would assume they are rolling a lot of children to BCBS.

BCBS $3000 prescription max is kind of scary though. Dont they have a limit on office copay visits as well?

I am not a fan of this agent sales data information being posted on the public forum, I feel this is not appropriate - or permissible from it's intended original delivery.

Im not appointed with them, nor will I ever be..Just my personal experience from my own personal policy I had with them years ago... I got the email tru back channels, that being the case it has become open record and I will post it, what can they do cancel my nonexistence contract?? sue me??/ why, I posted the truth as i got it

This is just a pure guess - I could be wildly off base:

3,000 Ehealth apps submitted
50% are batted down immediately - don't qualify

1,500 left.
50% of those get adverse underwriting decisions and are not placed

750 left
50% of those are issued with no clue as to how the plans work and are canceled within 6 months

375 left
80% of those app were washed, intentionally or unintentionally by the client who simply do not know how to fill out applications. Claims review eat's 'em up and spit's em out.

Crap left.

Obviously they do place and keep policies. But I say from submission to what's left standing after 12 months? 10% or possibly 20%.

I could also care less if Ehealth puts in a million apps a year. I only need 5 a week to make a killing.

is your post fact... or just your speculation?? you have no fact to back up your claim.... how do you KNOW... for a FACT? ... the only FACT we have is the volume they did, and i doubt short term policies or denied policies count in their contest numbers... I have only put FACTS out there and the problem is most agents are in deniel over this subject!

When I first got into the business I was selling med supps with Pioneer Life-the company out of Rockford Ill. I was 19. We used to get these newsletters all the time showing the number one writer of Pioneer Life was some big broker in Chicago or something. It seems like it was Charles Schwaub back then, can't remember exactly who it was, somebody famous. It did not make me mad, it just made me imagine how they did it. I could dream a little about how they wrote so much. I don't remember getting too upset, but this broker/dealer/investment firm { or whatever} was on top all the time.

My belief in free market and capitalism will not allow me to be upset at Ehealth. I do not agree with their model, and do not emulate their model - however I don't get upset at their volume.

This is a big market, and collectively we are ALL doing a crummy job or we wouldn't have so many uninsured. Collectively includes insurance companies with outdated plans, pricing, and the government with over regulation, etc., etc.,

If you think 3000 policies in a state with 25 million people (not sure if that includes illegals) is a lot, I disagree. If 20% are uninsured that leaves 5 million, of which 3000 Ehealth enrolled.

Big Deal.

I target small biz owner who are not looking for quotes. Well over 90% of the apps I put in are from owners who were chugging along just fine with their currently plan - didn't like the rate - but didn't have the time or energy to screw with it.

I either show up with a flyer or call 'em and it's "yeah, we're paying $760." My reply is "well if the benefits and doctors stay the same then pay less."

These people don't even know Ehealth exists - almost none have a current broker of if they do it's years since they've heard from them.

Ehealth is indeed a brutal competitor. I simply don't have to directly compete with them.

is your post fact... or just your speculation?? you have no fact to back up your claim.... how do you KNOW... for a FACT? ... the only FACT we have is the volume they did, and i doubt short term policies or denied policies count in their contest numbers... I have only put FACTS out there and the problem is most agents are in deniel over this subject!

Peeler,

Chill out. Maybe you need to put in your tag line you can't read either. John clearly stated that, "This is just a pure guess - I could be wildly off base:"

That was his very first statement in his post and you went off on a rant that he's not posting the FACTS. Duh!!!! He stated that in the beginning.

Back