Your BC/BS Letter Is In The Mail...!

Communism is whining and moaning and expecting someone to make it better. Capitalism is going out and doing something about it.

But actually, I never questioned my value or yours. I simply laid out what we are. Health agents are middle management from the 80s and 90s. If you don't act quick, computers are going to replace you. Agents need to convince the carriers and clients about the value they provide, and it is not just signing people up for health plans. Since I'm more of a life guy, I probably have another decade or two until people start buying life online, or stop buying completely.

It sounds like you provide a lot of value, the problem is the wrong person is paying you. The client is the benefiting from all value add services you provide, not the carrier. Sadly, I think you'd have a hard time convincing your clients to pay you a fee on top of the premium.

Not sure what your point was. I agree that it might be more beneficial if the system in place involved clients paying the agent but that's not been the case and I don't see that changing, nice idea though. It would be great is we could get compensated for our time like CPAs, attorney's, etc. Why don't you suggest that to Obama? I never whined expecting "someone to make it better", I was expressing an opinion, I think we all are entitled to one whether you agree or not - sorry but I disagree with you, that's not exactly my definition of communism.

Why don't you suggest that to Obama? I never whined expecting "someone to make it better", I was expressing an opinion, I think we all are entitled to one whether you agree or not - sorry but I disagree with you, that's not exactly my definition of communism.

obamunism.jpg

Not sure what your point was. I agree that it might be more beneficial if the system in place involved clients paying the agent but that's not been the case and I don't see that changing, nice idea though. It would be great is we could get compensated for our time like CPAs, attorney's, etc. Why don't you suggest that to Obama? I never whined expecting "someone to make it better", I was expressing an opinion, I think we all are entitled to one whether you agree or not - sorry but I disagree with you, that's not exactly my definition of communism.

Perhaps I misread what you said, but it came across as "Capitalism evil, someone please fix this."

That said, I actually agree with you. While I would happily trade salaries with most large corporate executives, I do think the majority are overpaid. But, the market feels otherwise and continues to pay what it does.

Perhaps I misread what you said, but it came across as "Capitalism evil, someone please fix this."

That said, I actually agree with you. While I would happily trade salaries with most large corporate executives, I do think the majority are overpaid. But, the market feels otherwise and continues to pay what it does.

Just tell me where the line forms for one of those over-paid, under-worked corporate executive positions with the golden parachute and I'll gladly get in line. It's a great deal if you can get it. I unfortunately have to work for a living and quite a bit harder now than I did when I started in the business 16 years ago to churn out what I agree is a good living at the price of many sleepless nights and long days. Just because I find displeasure that the corporate execs continue to rake in the high bucks for little contribution and they are immune to most things that the day to day worker bee or the general public is, I totally understand that is the system we have to live with, it's called democracy. At least for the time being anyway. You can whine in a democracy as much as you want, fortunately.

Back