Your Favorite Term Life Carriers, and Why?

rayluk

Expert
Just curious -

Which are your 3 favorite term carriers you recommend to clients?

What are the top 3 reasons you write cases with those carriers?

Last but not least, which term carriers have better term conversion options, besides the big mutuals?

Thanks,
Ray

I use Ohio National. Their term rates are always either #1, 2, or 3 based on term4sale.com. Their 'Plus" option converts to any permanent product in their portfolio at time of conversion. Plus, their WL (to convert to) is as good as any (thinking Mass and Penn, maybe NYL and Guardian for comparison) and their traditional UL is good though it doesn't get much publicity.

ONL for the reasons outlined above
NA for clients who I think would be more likely to convert to IUL rather than WL
Pru for people with health challenges as they tend to be the most lenient

Most agents like the term company this is the best fit for the client.

Listen to your client and most times they will lead you to your favorite carrier.

My favorite term company is always the one that issues the policy to my client

I like Transamerica. Where I'm at they are typically the best deal price wise. They also have a Living Benefit term which pays out for critical illness, and they have a nice ROP term.

MoO has been getting cheaper and cheaper for term, and I'm a fan of their GUL so i like the conversion option.

Lately I have been getting some cases that have been in the standard to table 4 range. where the underwriters are saying it could go either way. So I do my research on the quoting machine.

e.g. this company is the best deal if we get standard and this company is the best for table 2 and this company is the best if we get table 4. So we initially apply for best case scenario and just go from there.

To answer your first question. Since I've gone independent, I don't recommend any one company to my client until I do a full fact find and see what they want to accomplish, but I have found that recently the chips have been falling on Trans, NA, and Protective....

I love Ohio National. Great product, great people. Working with them makes detest sending business elsewhere.

Under $1M
Protective.... Price/Product/Service/Underwriting
Transamerica..... Price/Underwriting/Commission/Living Benefits
Sagicor.... eApp-Underwriting/High Non-Med Limit
Runner up is: RNA (Royal Neighbors).... Pricing/Commission/Underwriting

Greater than $1M
Protective.... Price/Service/Underwriting
ONL.... Price/Great Conversion Options
AIG/AmGen.... Price/Excellent Pricing for Table Ratings

Under $1M
Protective.... Price/Product/Service/Underwriting
Transamerica..... Price/Underwriting/Commission/Living Benefits
Sagicor.... eApp-Underwriting/High Non-Med Limit
Runner up is: RNA (Royal Neighbors).... Pricing/Commission/Underwriting

Greater than $1M
Protective.... Price/Service/Underwriting
ONL.... Price/Great Conversion Options
AIG/AmGen.... Price/Excellent Pricing for Table Ratings

What Simplified term products do you recommend?
How about Simplified with ROP?

Simplified term products are foresters,Trans,sagicor,american national and moo. There are a few more. Moo is nice with there built in table rates and an incredible height-weight chart that rivals many Fe height weight charts.Sagicors downside for the fe mkt are 2 fold. The first downside is there chargeback policy of 6 months 100% and 12 months 50% and people must be healthy. There online app is nice.I like moo for the reasons above and an incredible easy app to fill out plus being a huge name brand

Back