your insurance office vs. act! 2008

I tried the YIO office demo and I do agree with Al on this. While YIO office is great for a stand-alone agent, any agent with multiple offices or looking to expand, should looking into FreeCRM, SalesForce, or SugarCRM.

Web-based applications are the way of the future. Local based application like YIO are a thing of the past and not practical in most situations.
I think you miss the point of a program like YIO. Al will never understand this because he is stuck on "new is better" and frankly doesn't have a need for any kind of program because his client records can ALL fit on a 3x5 card.

YIO is not designed for the large agency. I find it perfect for my home based agency. It holds the records of my 500+ clients along with prospects (wish I did a better job of that).

I don't want a web based program because all the information on YIO is downloaded via Outlook onto my PDA. I can also copy the data file from my desktop computer to my laptop if required and take the entire program with me.

Other programs are better suited to a large agency and that's fine. I neither have the skills nor want to spend the time configuring a program to do what YIO does on a turn key basis. YIO is a tool to help agents. If there is a tool that works better for you, use it.

Rick

I think you miss the point of a program like YIO. Al will never understand this because he is stuck on "new is better" and frankly doesn't have a need for any kind of program because his client records can ALL fit on a 3x5 card.

YIO is not designed for the large agency. I find it perfect for my home based agency. It holds the records of my 500+ clients along with prospects (wish I did a better job of that).

I don't want a web based program because all the information on YIO is downloaded via Outlook onto my PDA. I can also copy the data file from my desktop computer to my laptop if required and take the entire program with me.

Other programs are better suited to a large agency and that's fine. I neither have the skills nor want to spend the time configuring a program to do what YIO does on a turn key basis. YIO is a tool to help agents. If there is a tool that works better for you, use it.

Rick

You can do all of the that with the programs I have mentioned as well..

Rick

This really sums it up. There is no perfect answer. You have to start with a list of what you want to achieve, and then find the solution that best fits the goal.

If you want anywhere, anytime access, than an online solution is required.
If you want data security, an inhouse solution is required.
If you want automation, there is a limited subset that accomplishes this.
If you want a tickler file, you can save a lot of money, use Outlook or index cards.

Figure out what you want, find something that comes close to solving that problem. We all do business differently, making our needs different.

Also, don't be afraid to spend some money. The goal here is to make you more efficient, you should earn more than you spend. If you don't, you chose the wrong program.

Also, look at total cost. Things like Sugar claim to be free, but there is a significant overhead in time that you'll invest. Act requires some additonal functionality, Salesforce has a monthly fee, YIO may need to be supplemented (I'm not sure, I do P&C, which it isn't geared after).

Dan

You can do all of the that with the programs I have mentioned as well..
But can it do all that without having to be modified for use as an insurance program? YIO is specific to the insurance industry and has a one-time cost of under $300.

Again, for the home-based agent without the desire to modify a database, what is the objection? Is it because it doesn't have pretty graphics?

It's never crashed on me or done anything "bad" and all the tech support I can use is available virtually 24 hours (and I haven't needed very much of that).

I guess I like YIO for the same reason I like my non-digital watch. I can understand the big hand and the little hand and it does the job.

The reason I entered the thread was not to defend YIO (which needs no defense) but to point out that Al cannot stand to have anyone say a positive thing about the program without him coming back and saying that Frank is a liar.

Rick

If anyone would like to show me how to get any of these CRMs and configure it so it does absolutely everything YIO does then there's your challenge. Contact me: [email protected] - I'll download a demo version of any CRM you choose and your goal will be to show me how to set it up to do everything YIO does. Plan on setting aside a few hours.

If anyone would like to show me how to get any of these CRMs and configure it so it does absolutely everything YIO does then there's your challenge. Contact me: [email protected] - I'll download a demo version of any CRM you choose and your goal will be to show me how to set it up to do everything YIO does. Plan on setting aside a few hours.

What would I get out of this? :idea:

So I guess we have a lot of people talking about how easy it would be to configure another CRM to do the same stuff YIO does but I see no one's up the the Pepsi challenge.

Back