Your Job Is At Risk Of Elimination (Medicare-For-All)......

Big changes, means mass confusion, and the increased need for advice. Charging fees will be a solution. But most agents cant justify their existence when their advice is currently free via built in commission.
The best agents embrace change.

Well, the bill does state this:

SEC. 107. Prohibition against duplicating coverage.

(a) In general.—Beginning on the effective date described in section 106(a), it shall be unlawful for—

(1) a private health insurer to sell health insurance coverage that duplicates the benefits provided under this Act; or

(2) an employer to provide benefits for an employee, former employee, or the dependents of an employee or former employee that duplicate the benefits provided under this Act.

(b) Construction.—Nothing in this Act shall be construed as prohibiting the sale of health insurance coverage for any additional benefits not covered by this Act, including additional benefits that an employer may provide to employees or their dependents, or to former employees or their dependents

This seems to imply private health insurance will still be there to sell.

Those filthy, dirty, stinking rich people will have to pay for it.

Translation: everyone with a job.

It's funny you say that. Just last night, my wife saw that Warren wants to forgive a large amount of students loans. She was pretty upset because we just finished paying off our student loans (instead of going on vacations, buying nice cars, fancy clothes etc. etc.). She asked me how in the world would the student loan forgiveness be funded. My response was exactly what you said. "People like us with a job who work hard will pay for it." Of course...I added a lot more commentary than that :mask:

It's funny you say that. Just last night, my wife saw that Warren wants to forgive a large amount of students loans. She was pretty upset because we just finished paying off our student loans (instead of going on vacations, buying nice cars, fancy clothes etc. etc.). She asked me how in the world would the student loan forgiveness be funded. My response was exactly what you said. "People like us with a job who work hard will pay for it." Of course...I added a lot more commentary than that :mask:

It should be illegal for any politicians to ever use the word FREE or Government paid for. The only acceptable terminology should be called TAXPAYER FUNDED. If agents can't call a zero premium Medicare Plan "free" (which it isn't) politicians should be fined every time they ever say FREE or PAID BY THE GOVERNMENT or any of those magic BS words they use to get elected.

Or in the case of that guy on the college gifts: Billionaire Funded.

A few years ago we were grilling out with friends. Topic came up about refinancing the house. We had just done that and got a 3% rate, maybe 3.5%.

Our friends also just refinanced. They got an Obama loan at 2%.

We had excellent credit.

Their scores were in the mid 600's.

Wife went on Medicare shortly after that. She qualified for Extra Help.

Life isn't always fair.

I really don't think M4A has a snowballs chance of passing. Even if the Dim's take both Houses and the Prez.

Certainly great to talk about free stuff to get you elected but politicians say anything to get elected.

Teddy Kennedy wanted free health insurance. So did Bill (I didn't inhale) Clinton.

Took a fast talking con man and a lying economist to make Obamacare happen.

I can't imagine lightning striking twice so close together.

Back