You're Gonna Have to Sharpen Your Pencil and Do Some More Research! Um, Ma'am, No, I'm Not.

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
Client: Scott, can you take a look at my Part D for next year?

Me: Sure.

(Enter all Rx's, run Planfinder...) Which pharmacy?

Client: Can you check three?

Me: Sure, it take a bit longer to do that, since we can really only do 2 at a time, but yes, I can compare the three. Give me a few minutes here....

Scott finishes....

Here you go:

First, re-explain how we look at yearly cost for all 22 plans available....

Your lowest yearly at CVS is $1,177 through AARP MedicareRx Saver Plus (PDP).

Your lowest yearly at Wal-Mart is $1,073.10 through Express Scripts Medicare - Value (PDP).

Your lowest yearly at Walgreens is $1,008 through AARP MedicareRx Walgreens (PDP).

Your lowest yearly mail order is $919 through AARP MedicareRx Saver Plus (PDP).

Me: Which one do you want?

Client: (Irate!) I'm not paying those prices, why are you quoting me so high! I'm gonna have to have my husband call you. You need to sharpen your pencil and find something better than this. I will just stay with what I have!!! (She has SilverScript.... which will cost her $1,747...)

Me: No, I'm not sharpening my pencil. There is no more research to do. This is it. Bottom line. All other options are higher. If you want to enroll, call me back. If not, you'll pay more.

You can't overcome ignorance no matter how hard you try.

Some (most) people can't comprehend basic math. I'd give them the 30/90 day co-pay figures rather than the annual totals.

I feel the same way sometimes, and when I have a busy day on the road sometimes I get a little frustrated on the phone. But I have to tell myself to chill chaz, chill. lol

But I have had people say that the quotes I gave were too high and theyll just stay put. I say, no problem, itll cost you a lot more but you can do whatever you want

I feel the same way sometimes, and when I have a busy day on the road sometimes I get a little frustrated on the phone. But I have to tell myself to chill chaz, chill. lol

But I have had people say that the quotes I gave were too high and theyll just stay put. I say, no problem, itll cost you a lot more but you can do whatever you want

haha, I do need to chill sometimes....

Im not understanding why agents do PDPs AT ALL---whats the commission $10?

And you're not changing their Med Supp I assume--why bother?

This time of year I dont go to ANYONES "home" unless they have indicated they have made up their mind to use the brand I suggest---way too late in the year for "selling!"

This time of year I dont go to ANYONES "home" unless they have indicated they have made up their mind to use the brand I suggest---way too late in the year for "selling!"

The commissions are $71 1st time and $36 renewals. Some agents do it to help their clients...some also do it to keep other agents out of the house.

This was over the phone... client that I've had for a while. And it's $36. Which isn't a lot of money (When you have hundreds and hundreds of clients, it adds up), but, when they call in and ask me to review it I'm ok doing it. It generally takes fewer than 10 minutes. I save their List and password date in my CRM. Literally, doesn't take long at all.

It's these rare ones that take way too long. These overly detail oriented people who will drive thirty miles to save $2 on a generic Rx.

I referred a few to the ritter thing where they will compare the part D, but what happened was - those people called me back, lol. I figured it took longer to try to outsource it than it did to just take care of it quickly.

Because I'm servicing my clients needs. I don't drive anywhere for a pdp plan but I was saying I take these calls on the road. Actually I take that back, I do set up weekly at a Panera bread and some of the clients that meet me there are switching their pdp plans. Some I do over the phone.
If you're not helping your clients find new part d plans you will end up losing their supp business.

Sometimes I find I need to reiterate several times, That is the total cost including premium and deductable as well as the copays

many times it does not click the first few times that includes premium

----------

Also I only do it for Clients and prospect only if I have a chance at the supp

Back