You're Gonna Have to Sharpen Your Pencil and Do Some More Research! Um, Ma'am, No, I'm Not.

What is the best tool to use to research PDP's? Medicare.gov?

What are a few CRM's that an agent can use to store data on clients?

Because I'm servicing my clients needs. I don't drive anywhere for a pdp plan but I was saying I take these calls on the road. Actually I take that back, I do set up weekly at a Panera bread and some of the clients that meet me there are switching their pdp plans. Some I do over the phone.
If you're not helping your clients find new part d plans you will end up losing their supp business.

Thats why I generally dont do Med Supps unless they are computer savvy and will do their own annual PDP

This was over the phone... client that I've had for a while. And it's $36. Which isn't a lot of money (When you have hundreds and hundreds of clients, it adds up), but, when they call in and ask me to review it I'm ok doing it. It generally takes fewer than 10 minutes. I save their List and password date in my CRM. Literally, doesn't take long at all.

It's these rare ones that take way too long. These overly detail oriented people who will drive thirty miles to save $2 on a generic Rx.

I referred a few to the ritter thing where they will compare the part D, but what happened was - those people called me back, lol. I figured it took longer to try to outsource it than it did to just take care of it quickly.

Were you quoting her Out of Pocket costs based on her scripts? She probably was only wanting to know the plan premium which would be considerably less than your quotes.

Were you quoting her Out of Pocket costs based on her scripts? She probably was only wanting to know the plan premium which would be considerably less than your quotes.

I was quoting full year cost: all-inclusive: premiums + deductible + copays throughout the year.

I did say, "and the monthly on this one is $x, this other one is $x, but again, total cost is most important which is $x."

I understand it's tough for them to get some times, I really do, but at the same time, it's not like I'm begging them to buy this from me. I'll make $36 if she stays and I'll make $36 if she switches. Actually, I'll lose money if she switches because I'll need to send her out the pdp application, which costs postage.

I just refuse to waste time on convincing her to switch and convincing her that my advice is sound after she called me and asked for my advice.

I shared the story because I know I'm not the only one who gets calls like this... Many of us do. The newer agents out there might be interested in knowing that sometimes you need to be very matter-of-fact with some people or else they will waste a lot of your time.

----------

Thats why I generally dont do Med Supps unless they are computer savvy and will do their own annual PDP

You do realize that pdp is a big part of the mapd... right? I'd imagine you'd still need to run their Rx's. :biggrin:

Hopefully you are doing a comparison for Rx's on the MAPD as well.... (Unless your area is very limited on MAPD options. I have almost 30 where I live, so I always run Rx's when doing MAPD).

----------

What is the best tool to use to research PDP's? Medicare.gov?

What are a few CRM's that an agent can use to store data on clients?

Yes, Medicare . gov

I use Zoho CRM. I've used it for years. I love it. (Don't put attachments on it that needs to be encrypted...)

Some (most) people can't comprehend basic math. I'd give them the 30/90 day co-pay figures rather than the annual totals.

May be that people just don't connect well with the understanding of how the system works.

Back