2 Massive Cases

Anytime you are making decisions based primarily on commission flow or rate, you probably are not going to make best decision for your client.. Do the best job you can for the client and the commission will take care of itself.. JMHO

yeah, take your negative feedback out of the convo, she doesn't have any time in his schedule for that. solutions to getting paid max annualized commissions as quick as possible is the focus

Man i dont have time for negative feed back. Do not question me and definitely dont comment if you dont have a solution or anything to say to help

Last edited:
Wow. First off let me do say this. Thank you to the people who are trying to teach me a healthy alternative for cases this big without ridiculing me. I just asked a question, I am all open to feedback, and opinions as to how this case should be handled. However for you rude people who want to come to criticize for your information I am always looking for the best interest of my clients. ALWAYS. Money is not the factor, however insurance is my livilihood. I am a 26 year old woman and mother. I am not trying to be paid out some massive amount. But I am trying to get a little advance for this case. I have put a lot of time multiple meetings, calling around to get case designs etc. To make sure the client need is met. Its unfortunate that I am not in a financial space where i can go as earned on everything like you more seasoned older agents. I simply just wanted a little more then $1500 advanced because I have put in time, that has taken toll on my FE business to make sure I am doing this right. My intent was not to be paid 50,000 on a case 40,000. NO! I want a paper trail, but a gal just wanted a little advance for my time. I think that is fair . I am not in a position like most .You people are to argumentive, mean and trying to criticize. For what? If you cant be positive or have nothing good to say leave it be. I am simply still learning. This is a process. But i want let you people bully me and talk crazy to me. Im sure you people are to old to make assumptions that I just want money I am not looking out for the clients just talking and dont know the half. Dont know me the situation, or for that matter havent offered constructive advice on how to approach this . If you arent trying to be positive and offer me sound advice keep your comments.

And Allan no one needs you to cosign. He doesnt have time? Stop it. He sure had time to crticize and question me. You all are very unprofessional. Please dismiss yourself. I will never post another post again. Speaking on what my focus is. Not knowing how many meetings I have had, how long I have been working this case, how this case has took most of my time from calling, and doing my day to day sales in FE. So that I can make a living until I am at the point where I can cruise control and be paid as earned. You people are very judgemental and just plain unprofessional and negative. Its very sad.

Wow. First off let me do say this. Thank you to the people who are trying to teach me a healthy alternative for cases this big without ridiculing me. I just asked a question, I am all open to feedback, and opinions as to how this case should be handled. However for you rude people who want to come to criticize for your information I am always looking for the best interest of my clients. ALWAYS. Money is not the factor, however insurance is my livilihood. I am a 26 year old woman and mother. I am not trying to be paid out some massive amount. But I am trying to get a little advance for this case. I have put a lot of time multiple meetings, calling around to get case designs etc. To make sure the client need is met. Its unfortunate that I am not in a financial space where i can go as earned on everything like you more seasoned older agents. I simply just wanted a little more then $1500 advanced because I have put in time, that has taken toll on my FE business to make sure I am doing this right. My intent was not to be paid 50,000 on a case 40,000. NO! I want a paper trail, but a gal just wanted a little advance for my time. I think that is fair . I am not in a position like most .You people are to argumentive, mean and trying to criticize. For what? If you cant be positive or have nothing good to say leave it be. I am simply still learning. This is a process. But i want let you people bully me and talk crazy to me. Im sure you people are to old to make assumptions that I just want money I am not looking out for the clients just talking and dont know the half. Dont know me the situation, or for that matter havent offered constructive advice on how to approach this . If you arent trying to be positive and offer me sound advice keep your comments.
I'm sure that those "rude" people would have given you a different answer had they known you were a woman. :rolleyes:

Those "rude" people probably thought this was the FE Forum. :yes:

And Allan no one needs you to cosign. He doesnt have time? Stop it. He sure had time to crticize and question me. You all are very unprofessional. Please dismiss yourself. I will never post another post again. Speaking on what my focus is. Not knowing how many meetings I have had, how long I have been working this case, how this case has took most of my time from calling, and doing my day to day sales in FE. So that I can make a living until I am at the point where I can cruise control and be paid as earned. You people are very judgemental and just plain unprofessional and negative. Its very sad.

I apologize. I am usually one of the ones offering ideas & input, but your very 1st response to UKTX seemed like you were jumping down their throat and being aggressive. in that response, you appeared to be telling others "I don't care what you have to say unless it is exactly what I want to hear, so don't waste my time". my natural tendencies to aid the abused came out & came out poorly in trying to ridicule you for being rude in your 1st response.........

Not sure about the first part of your post.. seems sort of out of order.. However, I have gone back and read the entire thread.. I do not see where anybody has criticized you and it seems UTKX was just trying to get a better understanding of what you are thinking..

Most of the agents that have posted here are long time producers.. They really want to help. But sometimes helping someone consists of asking the person to reconsider what they are doing.. I have seen what wino calls "commission breath" drive more than one young agent out of business.. If you want everyone to treat you in a professional manner then you need to act as a professional which includes being able to take constructive criticism and even learn from criticism that isn't meant to be constructive.

Would hope you would not leave the forum but stay, participate and learn..

Thing is I have been in insurance over 7 years. Was a Northwestern Mutual Agent for 2.5 years and left to work with Mass Mutual for 3. Been in insurance practically since I have been out of highschool . So I am aware of not being commission driven, and to do whats right it is better in the long run. This is not my 1st massive case, but it is my 1st since I have been independent, and didnt really have the resources of a financial advisors I can work closely with like I had at Northwestern Mutual and Mass Mutual that could tailor this case. Plus with commission I can choose to get an amount advanced and the remainder paid out on a as earned basis. I guess that was with me being solely an agent working with just that company .However it is much different being independent I see. I am working this independtly. So I apologize if I was rude initially. However I feel some of you tried to make it seem as if it was all about the money, and its not. I have since transitioned from Mass Mutual to the FE side, I loved the simplicity. But dont mind more complex cases if that arrive. I can sure take constructive criticism and always coachable. I would not have been as successful at Northwestern and Masst Mutual if I wasn't. So I get everyone's perspective. Thats why its hard to text yet type when having a conversation because things can be read and taken out of context. I respectfully want to do whats right.

Know I did not know that rob. I havent did any caculations as of yet. Thanks for telling me that is a great trail. I understand the risk of advance with larger cases. So paid as earned I am not against. Evan paid as earned with a small advance I am not against.

Back