2008 Lead Company Update

Explain this, I am on VIMO and I am not aware of this. Who is this "instant quote" coming from? Thanks

After a customer enters the information on the site, that data is sent to the agents. The customer also receives this message:

Vimo's system has determined the health plans that may be the best fit for you. Click the button below to see the plans that fit your profile.

After clicking the button, the prospect is shown about 64 plans (Norvax style) from different companies. Each rate is based on a preferred risk. Since VIMO only asks four medical questions, most of the quoted rates are not correct, since many prospects are standard risks or declines.

I would prefer VIMO not show this screen to the customer. Or...as I suggested to them yesterday, place a BIG DISCLAIMER that these rates are "preferred" rates and are may not be accurate if there are any health conditions present.

I just submitted my 5th deal yesterday in the past week for just over $20,000 in volume by picking up the phone every day for an average of 2 hrs a day or 12 hours of calling. But remember, cold calling doesn't work.

Why is everyone so anxious, ready and more than willing to piss away their hard earned money to the tune of thousands of dollars each year? There is no such thing as a "good lead company". It's been said by several people over and over again on this board.

Many of those here have been in the business for quite a while including me. Don't you think if there was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that at least one of us would have found it by now?

Agents say they are "too busy" to do their own calling. How many believe that agents are so busy writing new business every day that they don't have the time to pick up the phone and make some calls? Raise your hands.

How many believe that agents are either too lazy and afraid to pick up the phone and make calls? Raise your hands.

Selling insurance is all about learning to prospect.

Being an independent agent means not being dependent on others for your success. Not needing someone to hold your hand or a shoulder to cry on.

A true independent agent is hard working, self-motivated, disciplined, dedicated to being successful, able to do it all themselves and doesn't have to rely on others.

Selling insurance is not unlike looking for gold. One first needs to know how and where to look.

When gold was discovered in California people from all over the world flocked there to look for gold. Those who were too lazy to do the work of looking for gold themselves gave their hard earned money to con men and bought maps to where the gold was suppose to be. (They got screwed.)

They all wanted to put gold in their pockets, but only a very small percentage found gold and got rich. They were the real prospectors, the rest ended up as laborers working in a mine.

Good post Frank. Honest opinions.

I have been in the business 27 years. I don't mind spending a buck to make a bunch of bucks. Each person on this Board is different. Shared leads work for me. Of course, my system is different than most. I also have an associate calling on small business owners and another associate calling my clients for annual reviews. It works.

If shared leads don't work for you, then you shouldn't be wasting your money...as you said. If it does work..then you should be spending more money.

Square pegs. Round holes. Each person is different. Different areas of the country. Different work circumstances. I love listening to Board members talk about their prospecting experiences. Thank God the same thing doesn't work best for all of us. It would be pretty boring around here.

Listen, the less people telemarketing in my state means more clients for me. So if you're in MD stay away from cold-calling. It doesn't work and it's horrible. Maybe it works in other states but not in MD.

What really works is shared leads - and lot's of 'em. Get as many as you can and you'll be making six figs in no time flat!

Good post Frank. Honest opinions.

I have been in the business 27 years. I don't mind spending a buck to make a bunch of bucks. Each person on this Board is different. Shared leads work for me. Of course, my system is different than most. I also have an associate calling on small business owners and another associate calling my clients for annual reviews. It works.

If shared leads don't work for you, then you shouldn't be wasting your money...as you said. If it does work..then you should be spending more money.

Square pegs. Round holes. Each person is different. Different areas of the country. Different work circumstances. I love listening to Board members talk about their prospecting experiences. Thank God the same thing doesn't work best for all of us. It would be pretty boring around here.

I totally agree with everything you said.

I have also purchased leads and at times have had some success with them. However, I have only used them to supplement the other methods I use to prospect. I have never depended 100% on purchased "leads" to sell insurance.

My comments were more directed at agents who think that they can purchase leads as opposed to learn to prospect and be successful in this business. They may be able to eek out a living but they will never be truly successful.

Back