2014 ACA Enrollment Tips (Agents Helping Agents)

How can we help and get credit for assisting people who don't have a computer? I have learned that mailing them a marketplace app (with my ID on the appendix) with instructions on how to apply by phone does not work. They have told me the call center will not take my agent info.

Here is something I created to send to clients/prospects to get them started before we apply. It is a walk thru for creating an account. You will need to edit it with your info if you decide to use it. After that, just save it as a pdf from word so it's smaller to attach on an email. It will knock about 10 minutes off your appointment. (attachment was too large 1.6m due to pictures on word doc). The pdf is what it looks like. If you want a copy, email me at - rusty at mymedigapconsultant dot com and put "HC walkthrough" in the subject and I will reply with it.

I also use software called TimeTrade - Signup for Timetrade | TimeTrade (affiliate link - I get $4 if you try it 30 days). Professional version is $49/year, which is what I use. I love it. I set up my calendar with times I am available. Email the link to clients, they choose the time that's good for them.

Hope it helps someone.

Attachments

• healthcare.gov registration - walk thru - template.pdf
    215.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Ok heres a funny one...but NOT so funny...Helped a woman secure a subsidy on the marketplace who answered the question are you making more than 1,350 per month now...yes, which is 16,207 per year, but next year she is estimating she will make approximately 25K per year...so they said she was eligible for a $360 per month subsidy, but needed to provide paper verification of income by March 8th, 2014 or could lose the subsidy? Ok, what if she provides the wrong paperwork but is already on a subsidized plan, taking an advanced premium tax credit...and they don't get the verification of income by March 8th next year they want, will they pull her subsidized insurance she wants to get on by January 1st 2014?

Am I correct that I will not be credited for enrollments if only the NPN# was on the application and not the FFM user id? There goes my beer money.

Here is something I created to send to clients/prospects to get them started before we apply. It is a walk thru for creating an account. You will need to edit it with your info if you decide to use it. After that, just save it as a pdf from word so it's smaller to attach on an email. It will knock about 10 minutes off your appointment. (attachment was too large 1.6m due to pictures on word doc). The pdf is what it looks like. If you want a copy, email me at - rusty at mymedigapconsultant dot com and put "HC walkthrough" in the subject and I will reply with it.

Hope it helps someone.

Thanks for this info Russell. Any tools that reduce the amount of time wrestling with this beast are appreciated.
-ac

OMG! I just spent 15 minutes carefully composing a "help" piece and the silly forum logged me out due to inactivity. Lost it all! :err:

WORD TO THE WISE: If you want to post to this forum, do not leave the computer to go do ANYTHING while you're composing a message! geeesh.

Now, here's the tip/experience in a quickly typed abbreviated format.

Adult Dependent / Mentally Impaired / Receiving Supplemental Security Income

In the Social Security Income section: Enter the SSIncome, even though healthcare.gov subsidy app says NOT to enter SSIncome.

The SSIncome will not be counted as income, and therefore will not reduce the subsidy $$ amount.

If you follow the instructions and enter $0 for regular Social Security income, the system will experience a fatal error. (At least it did with me)
-ac

I finally got the 18 year old off badgercare but it puts him in a group by himself and WILL NOT let me combine groups. Ahhhhh&hhhhh

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Back