25, No Experience, Saying Hello

brittjr9

Hey folks,

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Joined this afternoon, I've been impressed by what I've read which sparked me to join.

Have a good one,

Ryan

Deciding between State Farm and Aflac. Heard pros and cons to each, not sure what to believe.

I cut my teeth with an AFLAC type company pure cold call, door to door business, landscapers, contractors etc, it was a tuff way to learn how to sell and a tough way to learn a commission only business. I honestly think today's kids couldn't last 2 weeks before crying to there mommies and quitting.

If not SF or Aflac, whats the recommendation?

The problem with both of these is that they are both captive - which means limited products. They are also constantly recruiting which means high-turnover. If you're looking to learn the basics before moving on to something else, then they can be a good place to start if you're a hard worker.

The problem with both of these is that they are both captive - which means limited products. They are also constantly recruiting which means high-turnover. If you're looking to learn the basics before moving on to something else, then they can be a good place to start if you're a hard worker.

I have no questions about my work ethic. I know I will work hard, I just want to be paid accordingly. I was under the impression Aflac is better long term, quicker way to work up, higher salary increase based on residuals. State Farm seems like you have to pay your dues before being considered to open your own agency.

I have no questions about my work ethic. I know I will work hard, I just want to be paid accordingly. I was under the impression Aflac is better long term, quicker way to work up, higher salary increase based on residuals. State Farm seems like you have to pay your dues before being considered to open your own agency.

Do a google search of Aflac on glass door.

Before answering your question. What do you want to do?

Auto, home, life, health, annuities, etc etc.

Which part of the life health test interested you the most?

Aflac is high high turn over. They make their money off of there agents. The computer and everything else. Lowest commission also.

State Farm could be good depending on the agency you work under. They usually offer a base with very small commission. But 6 months of experience could help you if you had absolutely no sales experience, provided you had a base at SF to fall back on.

Aflac makes it seem like there renewals are huge, but you'll find there not too great when compared to an independent standpoint. And renewals is the last thing you should worry about starting out.

What you should be worrying about is how will I get in front of as many people as I can.

Back