25, No Experience, Saying Hello

I don't really understand all the hate for AFLAC either. Seems like the best provider for supplemental insurance out there. I'm located in Columbia, SC. I'd love to speak someone about it that's on the inside.

Why? Here's the facts.

They make money off of agents.

Their supplements are over priced compared to
Assurity, Colonial Life, Washington Nation etc etc.

They are a turn and burn company.

Low commission.

Many others.

Read on glassdoor other experiences with people who have worked there.

I wonder why AFLAC is the undisputed king in this area? It's not even close either. Sure, you can read stuff about most insurance companies on those whiny websites---but AFLAC agents who are successful are doing quite well and will continue to do so.

When I go into a business and say the name of the insurance company I represent, do I want the person listening to say, "I've never heard of your Company" or do I want them to say, yeah, sure, AFLACCCCCCC....everyone knows them".

Why? Here's the facts.

They make money off of agents.

Their supplements are over priced compared to
Assurity, Colonial Life, Washington Nation etc etc.

They are a turn and burn company.

Low commission.

Many others.

Read on glassdoor other experiences with people who have worked there.

I've read glassdoor on nearly every insurance company I could think of. They all hover at a 3.0 rating give or take and its all mixed reviews. Some love it, some hate it. Not much to glean.

I wonder why AFLAC is the undisputed king in this area? It's not even close either. Sure, you can read stuff about most insurance companies on those whiny websites---but AFLAC agents who are successful are doing quite well and will continue to do so. When I go into a business and say the name of the insurance company I represent, do I want the person listening to say, "I've never heard of your Company" or do I want them to say, yeah, sure, AFLACCCCCCC....everyone knows them".

I don't care if they have heard of the companies I represent because I sell myself. People buy into me. This business's is a people's business, not a products business.

And no, I'm not going off of reviews on Glass Door. I know plenty of people who have had horrible experiences with them.

Managers stealing sales, the whole nine yards.

Go with Aflac. I really could care less. But when you realize they were just churning out agents don't come back here whinning about it.

I wonder why AFLAC is the undisputed king in this area? It's not even close either. Sure, you can read stuff about most insurance companies on those whiny websites---but AFLAC agents who are successful are doing quite well and will continue to do so.

When I go into a business and say the name of the insurance company I represent, do I want the person listening to say, "I've never heard of your Company" or do I want them to say, yeah, sure, AFLACCCCCCC....everyone knows them".

Everybody knows them because the last 20 failed aflac agents have all hit that business. One got in and screwed it up.

Are they buying AFLAC or are they buying you? Now if I was a newby I would want to understand that the aflac sale is a 2 step close first you need to sell the business on adding the voluntary benefits and don't be fooled with the it doesn't cost the business anything, they may not contribute to the premium but it takes the business time and money to offer it between hopefully group meeting time and individual sign up time and then the payroll time. And once you have sold the business you still need to sell the individuals it all takes time which at least one of the people asking questions sounds like they don't have.

So, what company are you with?:goofy:

Everyone has heard of McDonald's and I bet they sell more hamburgers than the next five combined. That doesn't mean working the counter is a great job, or even being the manager or franchisee is so hot.

The same with Walmart, the biggest retailer on the planet. As I understand it, there is no real money until you hit store co-manager. At which point, you are running a multimillion dollar store.

Also, go poll 20 random business owners and their gatekeepers. Ask them their impression of Aflac. I doubt it will be favorable. If I am going to align myself with a name brand, it better be a name brand that helps.

Hey, I'm just giving a counter view. I just think this young gent who is looking for a company to align with, should know that AFLAC is a good company with good agents that do good things in the supplemental market. Sure, they have bad apples there but they don't usually stick around long.

As a few have said, this job is selling yourself and then offering products that employees (ers) want and that accomplishes their goals of not leaving themselves uncovered in case of an illness or injury.

I've had AFLAC products in the past and felt a lot better knowing I had some things in place just in case.

Some of you guys are making them sound worse than LH (though in a different space).

and don't be fooled with the it doesn't cost the business anything, they may not contribute to the premium but it takes the business time and money to offer it between hopefully group meeting time and individual sign up time and then the payroll time.

You may be the only person I've ever seen post this. VB as a whole are a complete PITA for a small business owner and at the end of the day only about 30-40% of employees take advantage of the program. Then how ask me how 'grateful' they are that you opened the business up to VB benefits in the first place...yeah not so much.

Now I'm not a VB's sales rep, so the mileage my vary. I can only speak as an employer with 25-35 employees...PITA!

I wouldn't ever want to sell AFLAC as a main gig. But I do know of two agents in my town that are definitely making a killing with them. Have been for several years that I know of.

Back