52 hours is a lonnng time

52 hours is a lonnng time

Not near as long as this thread has become... We've moved well beyond the scope of the question to waters that might be well left undisturbed. IMHO. :)

I completely agree.

I'm not going to fan the flames here, but I think we (the entire nation) could use a little bit more listening and a lot less blaming... But we live in a very chaotic world and extremist views (on both sides) are the loudest voices in the room.

In regards to Pre Licensing, 52 hours is a "hurdle." If you can't manage to be patient for the pre licensing training, you're going to hate working with clients (especially life insurance clients) or carriers.

A good proctor for that class tells a ton of funny or interesting stories that I think help enlighten the student of real world situations.

Sad to say, but far to many smart and intelligent people pass the test only to learn they couldn't sale life jackets on the Titanic...

Truth be know... lets all be honest here... most of us aren't all that bright. We know how to treat people, and we know how to sale.

And the ones that don't know how to treat people, in sales or on the forum... well, I'm glad your not my agent... and to some of you, if you were... I'd fire you!:yes:

A good proctor for that class tells a ton of funny or interesting stories that I think help enlighten the student of real world situations.

Sad to say, but far to many smart and intelligent people pass the test only to learn they couldn't sale life jackets on the Titanic...

Truth be know... lets all be honest here... most of us aren't all that bright. We know how to treat people, and we know how to sale.

And the ones that don't know how to treat people, in sales or on the forum... well, I'm glad your not my agent... and to some of you, if you were... I'd fire you!:yes:

Well, shoot. I thought we were going to stay on topic of the OP but you’re implications are obvious.

In regards to the BS about every racist loves The Lord, either they are obviously full of BS or, the claim is. Given I’ve known lots of people who love The Lord and there’s nary been a racist among them, you might guess what I suspect is closer to the truth.

scagent, If you knew them well enough to discern the legitimacy of the faith they claimed and, that they were also racist, you should be able to put me in touch. I’d be curious enough to give them a ringy dingy and ascertain what they’re thinking.

I guarantee I’ll find that they are either not Christian at all and there’s no evidence other than their bogus claim or, your perception is faulty. Got some digits for me or, were you just blowing smoke? (Aren’t cell phones great? Remember when calling long distance was as costly and complex as subscribing to satellite TV is now?) I'll actually do it. I’ve considered calling the morons at Westboro Baptist to straighten them out.

I will say this, the cop who wasn't aware he was being recorded and shot that old AA man in the back as he fled in SC was nearly as outrageous as those who snuffed out Daniel Shaver as he begged for them not to shoot while doing his best to follow their shrill orders. What happened to that SC cop? I’m pretty sure he’s having another bad day, but, at least he ain’t dead like the poor man he killed.

You feel offering my perspective is unacceptable? Ever have an AA or anyone else stick a gun in your face? You won’t understand how that feels until it happens. For me, I was still trembling 30 minutes later. Ever been sucker punched while being the only Caucasian American in a poor African American neighborhood trying to assist the less fortunate while wearing slick dress shoes on icy pavement which renders you pretty much defenseless? Have you ever had your job threatened because someone embellished something you stated so it was hateful and racist? Have you picked up that my girlfriend and I are more than concerned about her safety given she wears a deputy uniform and drives a sheriff’s vehicle? Nearly all this unrest including widespread destruction and murders of innocents is based on LIES. "Hands up, don't shoot," lies.

From my perspective, Michael Brown had it coming and a good cop lost his career due to the lies. Nobody in the Ferguson PD had spine enough to support the man. In fact, THEY jammed him up getting all the facts out as fast as cold molasses. I’ve yet to see any evidence that Chauvin would have treated me differently than he did Floyd, all things being equal save our race. I got a perspective. It’s valid. Take or ignore it. What evs.

Here’s something I hope we can all agree on:

“I’m a very nice (insert demographic(s)) person. I understand there are people in my demographic(s) that have been monsters. I have met virtually none of them, I don’t know them, they’re not in my family. Should I ever encounter them, I will do my level best to influence them properly (since I would be more likely successful, due to our demographic commonalities). I will go into their neighborhoods and seek to affect a positive impact upon them for the benefit of all. They are simply misguided and there may be legit reasons, e.g., their parentage, economic situation, mental illness, or ignorance of The Gospel.”

Meantime, I’ll assume the best about you and how about you do likewise? My previous posts will read differently if you do. Also, let’s be a little slower to whip out the racist card, MmmmmKaaaay?

I really would be more than happy to go to a KKK meeting to attempt to reason with them. I’ve actually tried to find one. Maybe you can help me find one in SoCal? I’m not interested in a back & forth online with them. It’s easier to make progress face-to-face.

Wouldn’t you like to see their mugs and/or names in an open dialogue somewhere so that you can more easily identify them? Censorship blows. Haha. I’ll put my mug up once I get a haircut. But, I’m not the problem. I don’t deny white supremers exist, but I can’t find them. I hope they, like the worst criminal, will be persuaded toward a path to redemption.

I’m funny like that. When I was a kid my heart went out to anyone whose eternal fate was like Dad’s hellfire & brimstone sermons to the degree I prayed God would have mercy on Satan himself. Years later, I read that Mark Twain said his mother had such a big heart she prayed for Satan. That made me feel less weird. I really am a nice guy who simply thinks the same old false narrative in our current zeitgeist leads us further from a solution, a solution that will lead us to what’s needed most and what will result in a giant leap forward. Unum. E Pluribus Unum. A false narrative isn’t helping. Caucasian Americans are not in the top ten list of the most substantial problems for the African Americans these days. Pretty sure Candace said that.

I’ve asked before. What can I do to help that I’ve not already been doing? I promise you, I haven’t spent so much time offering my perspective and addressing the substance-free insults for fun or because thought it would win me friends or I want to win a debate or anything like that. I knew it would ruffle some feathers and risk my rep. I sincerely believe mine is a perspective that needs to be understood. Many intelligent African Americans agree.

Now, if youse guys can resist the temptation of responding with insults, baseless accusations, and inaccuracies, you will have heard the last from me on this topic. I have clients to enroll, for cryin out loud!

My apologies for hijacking threads. I was mislead that that wasn’t frowned upon…..because I’ve read other threads that went off on tangents……..absent objections to the “hijacking.” I’m also sorry that I didn’t know all the subtleties of participation, e.g., the difference between a forum and blog. It won’t happen again.

Travis, I hope you’re doing well. Don’t block me, bro. I’m really am good friend. I have references.

scagent, If you knew them well enough to discern the legitimacy of the faith they claimed and, that they were also racist, you should be able to put me in touch. I’d be curious enough to give them a ringy dingy and ascertain what they’re thinking.

Almost every single racist organization uses their god to justify their beliefs. Even the confederacy used that justification when they committed treason against this great nation. (read the articles of succession from each state if you dont believe me... or if you think it was about anything other than the right to own humans with dark skin as property).

Christianity has always been used to justify chattel slavery and the racism that is its legacy. US based racist groups have always used Christianity to justify their beliefs and actions. From hanging little kids by their necks from a tree during jim crow... to carrying torches and chanting racist slogans in 2017. Christianity is used for its justification.

YOU claim to be christian, yet the impact of your words are the exact opposite of what the bible teaches. When that was explained to you, it had zero impact and you refused to accept what many different people were telling you.

I do not claim to know the full extent of the supposed relationship any person has with their supposed God. But when they make bigoted remarks over and over and over. Especially after having the effects of those statements explained to them. I can tell you they are not a practicing christian who actually understands the religion and its scripture. They might want to be, but they are not. Just another hypocrite who exploits religion to justify their bad behaviors, racist or not.

Last edited:
Ignorance is bliss..

I don't have any "angst" about you being happy. My angst, if you want to call it that, is that your hijack threads and act like a jackass.

Either way, no need to respond.. you're blocked.

I'm actually surprised it took you that long to block him. I don't know if he'll get banned again, or just blocked by many many people.

I'm actually surprised it took you that long to block him. I don't know if he'll get banned again, or just blocked by many many people.

Yeah, usually it's a quick block.

However.. sometimes someone leaves me so flabbergasted that I have to keep staring at the trainwreck. Other times, there's really something I like about the person so I don't block them.

This is the trainwreck.

Yeah, usually it's a quick block.

However.. sometimes someone leaves me so flabbergasted that I have to keep staring at the trainwreck. Other times, there's really something I like about the person so I don't block them.

This is the trainwreck.

I honestly think the guy is manic or bipolar, and is in a sort of mania upswing right now. He kind of reminds me of how I've seen people act on cocaine.

Well, I can't see him.. but

Jonathan,

Get some help, please. There's something going on here that's Q'Anon level conspiracy theory and it's not making you look good.

You guys are a trip. If you're going to accuse me of bigotry, at least have the courtesy of doing a copy/paste of my post you found bigoted. I've asked for this umpteen times and, fo far, not one of you have been able. At least I'm honest.

scagent, a couple of my favorite hymns are, I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day, and Oh Holy Night. Are you familiar with the lyrics of those songs and the setting in which they were written? They bring tears to my eyes.

Back