$6,000-$10,000 Business Loan @10-15% Interest

Gotcha, Paul, it's usury!:twitchy:

There are any number of outfits that offer loans even with bad credit or no credit listed on the internet----just google it, crons79. Guess what, you don't even have to be a chrisitian to take advantage of them.

Last edited:
If you were flat broke, with no collateral, and, needed 10K, you would first,
1) Try and borrow from parents, then,
2) Try and borrow from in-laws or other relatives, then,
3) Try and borrow from close friends, then,
4) Try to sell a kidney, then,
5) Go to the internet and hold out your tin cup.

For the guys who say I should cold call I have a couple questions for you. If I buy a targeted list (age, income, area) of a 1,000 people how soon would I go through that data?

In other words, how many prospects are you guys cold calling per week? How many contacts do you normally make? How many good leads come from this? I will stop there as to the rest of the questions would really depend on the skill of the agent.

Any experiences with cold calling lists is welcome.

If you get them dialed in a week, you'll make enough money to buy another list.

For the guys who say I should cold call I have a couple questions for you. If I buy a targeted list (age, income, area) of a 1,000 people how soon would I go through that data?

In other words, how many prospects are you guys cold calling per week? How many contacts do you normally make? How many good leads come from this? I will stop there as to the rest of the questions would really depend on the skill of the agent.

Any experiences with cold calling lists is welcome.

You went too far before you "stopped". It all, 100% of it, depends on how good the agent is. The number of successful contacts and the number of "good leads" that the agent can generate are governed by how good the agent is.

You can buy all the "leads" in the world and if you don't know how to "give good phone" and maintain control of the call during the initial contact then you are going to struggle big time. Once the prospect takes control of the call the agent might as well hang up and go on to the next call.

In talking to agents I have discovered that most apparently don't realize that the initial phone call is the single most important part of the entire sales process.

I would be very reluctant to back an agent who plans on only using "leads" to generate business. The most successful agents I have known may use leads but only to supplement the other methods of prospecting that they use.

The fact that you have put together a "30 page business plan" would cause me concern enough not to lend you the money. To me that is something an analyst would do, not a salesman. I don't know many of them that would make a good salesman.

This business is not rocket science. I can't imagine what you had to say about how you were going to sell insurance that took 30 pages.

The couple of places I went to inquire about funding asked for a business plan and the SBA classes I went too said the same thing. So, I wanted to have it ready in case I needed it. On the other hand I think more agents should have a business plan. Planning for revenue and expenses is key for any business, even the insurance business.

Do you not also count the cost of your lead generation methods and calculate your ROI?

-healthagent
How can you make these observations about my character and you don't even know me? You don't know where I have been or what business issues I have had in the past. I don't make any excuses for my choices in life. I take full responsibility for my failures in life and with the help of God I take full responsibility for my success too.

That's what he does best.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited:
The couple of places I went to inquire about funding asked for a business plan and the SBA classes I went too said the same thing. So, I wanted to have it ready in case I needed it. On the other hand I think more agents should have a business plan. Planning for revenue and expenses is key for any business, even the insurance business.

Do you not also count the cost of your lead generation methods and calculate your ROI?

But 30 pages on how you plan to use "leads" to generate revenue? That would not convince me that you would be a good investment.

Yes, the cost of "lead" generation is definitely a part of ROI. I have learned how to prospect without solely depending on purchased leads to generate new business. As a result my ROI is well over 90%.

You should be concentrating on learning how to prospect. Eighty percent of this business is prospecting, only about 20% is the fun easy part - writing apps and collecting a commission check.

If you want to convince agents you are serious about this and know what you are doing then that 30 page document should include twenty-five pages of how you are going to generate new business and it should not include the cost of simply purchasing leads.

Back