7 payers exiting Medicare Advantage markets in 2025

The no subsidies increase is not what hit carriers for 2025. It’s the unexpected big big increase in claims . Few expected such a sharp rise
Wrong. Claims development didn’t help but the rate increase and risk score offset was never sufficient given a variety of possible cost trends … according to the carriers at least. Part D changes didn’t help given plans spend so much of their rebate dollars on that benefit.

In any case, MA will be fine. Benefit’s need to return to something more realistic. They’ve gotten bat shit great and it was never sustainable. Plans will remain a great value.

Walter

Wrong. Claims development didn’t help but the rate increase and risk score offset was never sufficient given a variety of possible cost trends … according to the carriers at least. Part D changes didn’t help given plans spend so much of their rebate dollars on that benefit.

In any case, MA will be fine. Benefit’s need to return to something more realistic. They’ve gotten bat shit great and it was never sustainable. Plans will remain a great value.

Walter
Walter no disrespect but I follow all these companies stocks like a hawk . Yes rate increase not sufficient but they by far complained about loss ratios of claims going from 80-82% to 88-91% for most carriers . Hit then hard

Walter no disrespect but I follow all these companies stocks like a hawk . Yes rate increase not sufficient but they by far complained about loss ratios of claims going from 80-82% to 88-91% for most carriers . Hit then hard
And I used to work at them designing products and building bids. I’m still in touch with most of my former colleagues. You’re not entirely wrong but you’re not entirely right either.

Walter

Back