81 year old declined from "get up and go"

look, "WINO", yes, I did do pre-screening and he checked out ok or I wouldn't have written the app! I did not not, however, have him perform the 'get up and go' test. Of course I quoted him Standard NT, why Preferred at 81? I set realistic expectations with my clients. And yeah, I not only got the figures on his current policy, i called said company while in the home to confirm the policy was indeed active and in force and that it was a 150k UL policy with William Penn/ Legal and General. We applied for a 250k GUL..but the lowest he will accept is 150k. Moral of the story is: sometimes you do your due diligence and "SHIT HAPPENS". it is what it is. We are applying with another company, called the underwriter..think he might have a chance with this other company that is a little more liberal. Of course getting a new exam done as well.

And "my bad", I didn't know I posted in the "FE Forum" I thought I posted in the "life insurance forum".

Yes, I literally just left Total Wine, you read my mind.

That!
Prep him.
You did post in the Life Forum. My point was, if you get all knotted up here those FE guys will eat you.
I am into 7 Deadly Zins right now. Good price point and not to peppery or tannins. Just need to find it in Magnums.
There are some really smart agents in this forum. People that write those 5 figure deals. Two ears (or eyes) one mouth.

""It's a big and rowdy wine that doesn't lose control."" Now I know why I like it.
http://www.winemag.com/buying-guide/seven-deadly-zins-2013-old-vine-zinfandel-lodi

One more thing. Take that Wino guys advice and order an inforce with a premium search based on Premium needed to guarantee the old policy 20 years. Maybe also one guaranteed 10 years. If you have to show a dialed down GUL have him also sign the numeric page showing when it ends then put a copy of the signed one in your file and in the delivery folder. CYA

lifeismylife76- yeah, those were the options I tried to LEAD with..but he wanted much more than 30 or 40k and has 150 UL he is wanting to replace because the premiums keep going up. Also even going simplified issue, they are going to check MIB :/
Replacing this policy is risky.

Why not increase the ul to a premium that will carry it to age 100, or to the age he thinks he will live, like 110.

Replacing this policy is risky.

Why not increase the ul to a premium that will carry it to age 100, or to the age he thinks he will live, like 110.

he is 81 and has had this garbage UL policy since the late 80's. To increase the current policy amount will probably require proof of insurability . Don't want that. lol.

I've got an appt to meet with him next Tuesday. Gonna call and get the exact amount of cash value in his current policy and the amount his premium is increasing to in Feb 2018..and go from there

he is 81 and has had this garbage UL policy since the late 80's. To increase the current policy amount will probably require proof of insurability . Don't want that. lol.

I've got an appt to meet with him next Tuesday. Gonna call and get the exact amount of cash value in his current policy and the amount his premium is increasing to in Feb 2018..and go from there
You didn’t understand what I wrote. You increase the premium to last to age 110. You don’t increase the insurance amount. You said he was tired of the annual premium increases in the current policy.

You didn’t understand what I wrote. You increase the premium to last to age 110. You don’t increase the insurance amount. You said he was tired of the annual premium increases in the current policy.

yeah, I'll do this when I'm gathering all the facts to include a current in force illustration to paint the full picture. I'm calling the carrier at my next client appt

I've never heard of an examiner doing this "get up and go' thing. Is that something that is a carrier specific test?

No, that is a Medicare test. Part of the annual exam.

“Get up and Go” would not be a factor on his MIB

You are correct that "get up and go" would not appear on his MIB but the decline would. Reporting to MIB takes a few weeks. Another application submitted now may not see the MIB hit.

FU is a nightmare . Bait and switch most of the time unless you have a very healthy person

You are blaming the carrier for your own inexperience. If you can't deal with the framework of fully underwritten cases stick with what you know.

The reason people are saying what they are, is because it is very clear you do not have a lot of experience with fully underwritten products. Or at least being the writing agent on them.

To call FU "bait and switch" is just pure ignorance. And it shows how green you really are with this area of the industry.

Truth.

No, that is a Medicare test. Part of the annual exam.

You are correct that "get up and go" would not appear on his MIB but the decline would. Reporting to MIB takes a few weeks. Another application submitted now may not see the MIB hit.

You are blaming the carrier for your own inexperience. If you can't deal with the framework of fully underwritten cases stick with what you know.

Truth.

Hun, regarding "you're blaming the carrier for your own inexperience. If you can't deal with the framework of fully underwritten cases stick with what you know."

He wanted at least 150k and at his age, I have NO CHOICE put to do a fully underwritten case- no choice, believe me, I checked! Better for me to give it a go then to leave the home without a potential sale. I'm just pissed they declined off the "get up and go" exam but wasted two months of my time ordering records from 3-4 different doctors. Nothing in his records speaking to his mobility or lack of. B.S.

I rarely block people so soon, but I want to end 2017 on the right note.

Breakfast has left the room . . .

Back