A client for life!!! With a simple tool.

Newsletter Concept

Below is the layout and examples, feel free to use this content for yours. I hope this helps:

1. Article of the Month
2. Health Insurance Q & A
3. Joke of the Month
4. Quote of the Month

I add discount coupons for stuff like drugstore.com
visiondirect.com etc. And sometimes a testimonial or contest.

And also I offer a coupon for something like the dental or accident plans I offer.

PS: The MIB artcle had the most hits by far, of all newsletters over the last 9 months or so, that's why I included it here.

Article:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]What do your medical records say about you? Find out here for free!

[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]www.mib.com[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]
When you apply for insurance, the first thing the insurance company does is pull your MIB report. MIB, formerly the [/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]Medical Information Bureau.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,Serif]

The MIB maintains a database of confidential information of underwriting significance when an individual applies for life, health, disability income, long-term care or critical illness insurance. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,Serif]MIB's primary purpose is to protect insurance companies from potential clients who knowingly or unknowingly omit information about their insurability on their applications.

Now, I personally have experienced insurance companies finding errors in client's MIB files. These errors have even caused some policies to be declined. We had to appeal the decision, get a letter from the doctor correcting the error, etc. etc. Some appeals are successful, some are not.

The point is, you're entitled to know what information the MIB file has on you, and once a year it's free to do so!!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Health Insurance Q & A:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]PPO Doctors

[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]
Q: Does having a PPO mean I can go to any doctor I want?
A:[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Yes and no. You can go to any doctor you want as long as they are a participating provider (see below) in your given network. While You don't have to go to a primary gatekeeper for a referral, every insurance policy has a network of doctors under contract that you should use to save the most money.

B: What is a participating provider?
A:
[/FONT]A physician or other medical provider who has agreed to accept a set fee for services provided to members of a specific health plan. They are deemed to be "in-network".[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Joke of the Month:

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]A man who thought he was John the Baptist was disturbing the neighborhood, so for public safety, he was committed. He was put in a room with another crazy guy, and immediately began his routine:

"I am John The Baptist! Jesus Christ has sent me!"

The other guy looked at him and declared:

"I did not!"[/FONT]

Quote of the Month:

[FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,Serif]"No decision is difficult to make
if you get all of the facts."

[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,Serif]World War II General George S. Patton JR.[/FONT]

Rob, please explain how you get by the copyright infringement laws when you re-publish (cut and paste) articles from magazines, web-sites, etc...
Thanks.

Rob, please explain how you get by the copyright infringement laws when you re-publish (cut and paste) articles from magazines, web-sites, etc...
Thanks.

Good point for those that don't know.

I provide the link to the original article and or the credit for the content source, similar to what they do in books.

As in the MIB link, being the source.

Also, the use of general definitions and/or public domain content and materials is not copyright infringement. Oh and of course my own content is not an issue.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I may have missed some people ho want to be added so I posted the format (above). If you'd still like to be added, please send me an email directly so I'll be sure to get it:

[email protected]

Thanks!

I've used a similar newsletter concept with excellent results. Agents have used it with good results as have I.

I have a word doc template posted on my site for free at Get More Insurance Leads | Insurance Mavericks Video

Anyway, the key is making it personal, and positioning yourself as someone who cares for them, but more importantly, being INTERESTING! Don't be a bore! Don't talk insurance to them talk personal stories, interesting travels, etc.

That really makes people interested in you as a person and cements your relationship.

Anyway, the key is making it personal, and positioning yourself as someone who cares for them, but more importantly, being INTERESTING! Don't be a bore! Don't talk insurance to them talk personal stories, interesting travels, etc.

That really makes people interested in you as a person and cements your relationship.

Very well said.

I sell me first and then I sell insurance. If they won't "buy" me then there is no reason to talk to them about insurance.

I'm interested in long term clients so I feel it is important to let them know who I am and to gain their trust.

I do the same thing in my newsletter, I sell me. The only place the word "insurance" appears is in the PS at the bottom of the letter. The rest of the news letter is about Jacqueline and I and what we have been doing. I usually include a picture of us or of our critters.

Jacqueline will include a new recipe or throw in some health tips. I try to add something humorous in each one.

I want my clients to feel as though they are a part of our "family" and want them to know me as a person, not just another insurance agent they took a policy from.

It is amazing what it does for my persistency and the number of referrals I get.

The birthday letters I send out are a huge hit. They go over much better than a printed card. Each one is personalized and has some kind of cartoon at the top that I design.

Back