A dying agents warning ‼️

It's a huge assumption that every senior can afford the copay and coinsurance that comes with an MA plan.
Many services don't have copays. And with the plan designs, the copays are extremely low. The only copay that even a person on an EXTREMELY limited budget would even remotely need to even be somewhat concerned with is the overnight hospital stay, and that can be covered with a $10/month indemnity add-on. A surgery that costs $50,000, $60,000.....$100,000 is literally $200...maybe $350 on the high end.

Use of Prior Authorization Up in Medicare Advantage Plans, Senate Report Finds​

Post-acute care is among the highest category of medicare fraud.

Use of Prior Authorization Up in Medicare Advantage Plans, Senate Report Finds​

Prior auth is OK for 64 years and 364 days but when someone turns the magical age of 65 no more Prior Authorization. Talk about ass backwards. No wonder Med Sups go up and up. Can’t tell me a Med Sup company wouldn’t love PA but OM says nah, no need to look at a claim and let’s just pay it.

Prior auth is OK for 64 years and 364 days but when someone turns the magical age of 65 no more Prior Authorization. Talk about ass backwards. No wonder Med Sups go up and up. Can’t tell me a Med Sup company wouldn’t love PA but OM says nah, no need to look at a claim and let’s just pay it.
Boy you nailed that one. I just got a rate increase on my plan G. That extra fifteen a month is going to hurt.

I'd much rather wait 10 days for my PA to go through on that band-aide my doctor ordered.

Boy you nailed that one. I just got a rate increase on my plan G. That extra fifteen a month is going to hurt.

I'd much rather wait 10 days for my PA to go through on that band-aide my doctor ordered.
So why shouldn’t there be PA on Medicare? Free for all is better for tax payers? Asking for a friend.

So why shouldn’t there be PA on Medicare? Free for all is better for tax payers? Asking for a friend.
PA is already on Medicare. You don't see it because you're not on it. I'm on it and see it all the time.

With OM, nothing gets done unless your doctor approves or requests it. With MA, your insurance company gets involved. When is that ever good for you?

Your question is not about PA on Medicare. What you're really asking is why can't an insurance company be involved.

Big difference.

The idea that doctors should have zero checks and balances is asinine.

Had a lady in my office today.

She doesn't go to the doctor often.

Went recently for a check up.

Mentioned to the doc that she gets tired (she's 67).

Doctor prescribed Modafinil.

Ok, for the slow ones in the room.

THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED MODAFINIL!

Did he tell her to take a walk? To start jogging? To do resistance exercises? To get involved more in a community? To read more? To put down her phone?

Nope. Modafinil.

You've got to be kidding me if you want these doctors having a blank check and free range. They're awful.

Back