A dying agents warning ‼️

I have no idea how anyone can logically claim that restricting benefits from Original Medicare and requiring who what when where and how as a requirement for benefits is an improvement. By definition; it cannot be. I wont waste time suffering fools that cannot see that MA plans are inferior, and their arguments for are rationlized due to the commissions they pay and being less trouble than Med Supp, and so easily twisted to seem better. The original post is absolutely correct.
Another one that is too stubborn to even think about offering a client options. 34 million on MA are all morons for being on it?By all means it’s about what you think and not what is best for the client.

Another one that is too stubborn to even think about offering a client options. 34 million on MA are all morons for being on it?By all means it’s about what you think and not what is best for the client.
Well he ain't exactly wrong.

And maybe he wasn't talking about 34 million people. Could have been someone else.

I never implied to not offer a client options, only to also explain that they will be more restricted at a stage in life where they will need medical care more than ever. And they may not qualify medically to change later to Med Supp. Some can only afford MA. I get that. I was reacting to those than claim it to be better coverage, and do not consider the potential downside. My post never claimed it was the only viable option. But you usually pay more keeping Original Medicare and buying a Med Supp. And there is good reason. Most with a chronic illness will fare much better with the OM and Med Supp. Nothing wrong with MA if it presented with eyes open. It does belong in the marketplace. But not for those with high net worth and can afford the other IMO.

I have no idea how anyone can logically claim that restricting benefits from Original Medicare and requiring who what when where and how as a requirement for benefits is an improvement. By definition; it cannot be. I wont waste time suffering fools that cannot see that MA plans are inferior, and their arguments for are rationlized due to the commissions they pay and being less trouble than Med Supp, and so easily twisted to seem better. The original post is absolutely correct.

MAPD is way way more trouble than med supp, and im not sure anyone here is saying it's superior coverage - welcome to the forum

Actually what is even more convincing is credible research done on some of the topics discussed in this thread. Anecdotes, regardless of what they are about, isn't research and could easily be the rare exception that someone made the effort to only look at those and report on those (news articles), ignoring the overwhelming "other side" (as I am pretty sure was the point your comment was making about the cancer survivors given last rites).

Of course if there is a trend in negative (or positive) comments that are essentially about the same things across anecdotes that likely indicates there is a problem (or plus) that should be investigated more formally with actual research to find out the actual probability of that "outcome"/"complaint being true" happening.
I'm reasonably well educated and if you think anyone has time to read and decipher this in October, I've got a bridge to sell you. It goes over a Holiday Inn.

I'm reasonably well educated and if you think anyone has time to read and decipher this in October, I've got a bridge to sell you. It goes over a Holiday Inn.
Why are you taking offense and then attacking me? Credible research generally is more often "correct" than a bunch of anecdotes although a bunch of anecdotal comments often can lead creating hypotheses to test to see if, in fact, they are true (and of course they can be). Nowhere in my comment did I say to go read/look for that now when people are their busiest. Sheesh.

The original post is absolutely correct.

The agent dying from cancer?

I had to look back to see what the OP was about.

FWIW, someone facing a major illness quite often has one of those "Wow, I could have had a V-8" moments. Observations made retrospectively often are made with regret. Getting old and sick isn't for weenies.

Most of us will have one (or more) of those times when we want to take a Mulligan on life but will just have to suck it up and deal with our choices.

Some of you may remember this post & thread by Dr. Who. It puts a completely different perspective on life through the rear view mirror.

Back