A hmmmmmm question on MLM

Not in the Insurance world . . .
That's the point. Most of the MLMs make you buy the crap that you're going to sell from your upline. There is no inventory in our business, so our structure doesn't represent what would be considered MLM by most definitions (maybe not dictionary definitions but practical ones).

Maybe if you're forced to buy overpriced leads and are captive to the IMO? That could be an insurance MLM structure.

Agents sell what they understand and what they like. If it wasn't AL Williams, it would've been someone else.

HA! Just did a search and found this. I doubt it's true, but I think it's funny that it's out there.
Origins Of Universal Life
I am sure it is not true but he along with the FTC Report was responsible for its development and it sudden popularity among companies.. Especially stock companies. The needed product to counter his BTID method of selling.

Cmon back. The train is about to go off the rails. Pro or con MLM the concept has had a major impact in the industry. Term exploded and many people entered the industry due to the concept.

that "sell" or "market" the products to people that don't participate in the comp plan.

The big problem is, they do sell to those pursuing the opportunity, and the percentage breakdown is not required by regulators unless under investigation. Only 3 out of 10 sales made to those joining an opportunity constitutes an illegal pyramid scheme. Thats why the FTC places the onus on the consumer/public to make that determination.

The only time you get paid is if that person sells something.
Factually that is incorrect. You also get paid if the person you recruit buys a policy. And your contract increases are dependent on recruiting performance. Contests also have recruiting as part of the criteria.

Back